The Tomboyish Wind God Girl in Love - III

Kappa: "Ah, you guys are- uweh... a human..."

ART BY NOVELAI

ART BY NOVELAI

She let out a 'uweh' along with a semi annoyed expression when she sees me.

Kappa: "W-what's the meaning of this, are you threatening us!?"

The kappa pulls out a wrench, holding it in a defensive pose.

Kappa: "J-just to let you know, w-we have weapons that can reduce your body to atoms in one go!"

Hatate: "Whose the one threatening again...?"

Aya: "Ayaya~ Kurokawa-chan, you're way too on edge today. This human here is a... uh... captive!"

Author note: I made up the name for the dark haired Kappa since her name isn't mentioned in any canon/fanon work.

The kappa Kurokawa glances at me again. I can't do anything but wave at her, but it seems she got even more on edge this time.

Kurokawa: "He sure can act more like one... whatever let's get this over with"

Kurokawa gestures us to follow her, we're getting a lot of stares as we're traversing through the mountain woods. "Don't touch that, don't mind that, don't even look at some of that" Kurokawa rumbles these lines to us throughout the short walk passing by a variety of machineries, some familiar, some aren't.

Kurokawa: "Ever since Nitori disappeared we're a bit disorganised and everyone is even more on edge to outsiders"

Aya: "Come on~ we're neighbours, saying that we're outsiders it's a bit~"

Kurokawa: "I'm talking about the human you brought with you. But with neighbours like Aya-san, we're always on edge"

Aya: "A-ayaya..."

Aya scratches the back of her head, the word 'guilty' is written all over her face.

We passes through a street of metal buildings, looks like factories and warehouses. According to Aya and others, kappas are engineers, inventors and collectors of technologies. Some of them are even more advanced than the outside world.

We eventually stopped right outside of an open workshop, just like one of those car mechanics place. Kurokawa leads us inside, and again "Don't touch that, don't mind that, and don't even look at some of that".

Kurokawa: "Alright, let's do this. Lay them out"

Aya and Hatate takes out their camera and flip phone on the work table. Kurokawa begins to inspect them. She starts with Aya's camera, she inspects it through and through but only to get more annoyed as she do so.

Kurokawa: "When was the last time you dusted it?"

Aya: "Eh? Eh... a-a week ago...?"

Kurokawa: "..."