The Tomboyish Wind God Girl in Love - VII

ARTS BY NOVELAI

Hatate: "Say, Momiji"

Momiji: "What is it, Hatate-san"

Hatate: "Have you uh... realised something unusual lately?"

Momiji: "Unusual? Like Hatate-san recently have been going outside instead of shutting in all day?"

Hatate: "That's not unusual!"

Momiji: "So what is it? Don't you usually consult these sort of stuff with Aya-san?"

Hatate: "Well the thing is, the unusual thing is about Aya-senpai, and Senchi as well!"

Momiji: "Aya-san and Senchi Tokuda? What about them?"

Hatate: "I-I think... ugh..."

Hatate blushes, struggling to finish her sentence as she feels too embarrassed to say it out loud. While Momiji sips her cup of green tea, waiting for her to say the rest of the words.

Hatate: "T-they've fallen in love..."

Momiji: "PPPPFFFTT!! *cough* *cough*, w-wha!? L-love!?"

Whether it is embarrassment from hearing the word love or almost choked on the piping hot green tea, Momiji's face is flushed.

Momiji: "A-are you sure this isn't a mistake or anything!?"

Hatate: "I actually have no idea myself, but from what I've witnessed in the past couple of days, that's the only possibility I can think of to explain what happened"

Momiji: "So what exactly did you see..."

Hatate: "The first anomaly I witnessed was on the day after the tour at the Kappa's place"

Momiji: "C-calling it 'anomaly' is a little..."

Hatate: "It happened in the morning..."

FLASHBACK TO THAT DAY

It was supposed to be an ordinary morning where Senchi makes breakfast for the Tengus as usual.

Hatate: "Senchi~ I'm hungry~ still not done yet?"

Senchi: "Almost there, gimme a minute more"

Hatate: "Say, aren't you waking up later than usual?"

Senchi: "Oh uh... I think I overslept a bit, sorry"

The first anomaly Hatate noticed, Senchi slept in and woke up later than usual which he never did unless it's weekend or holiday. But she brushed the suspicions off almost immediately without thinking more about it.

Aya: "Good morni-!"

Senchi: "!!"

Aya's entrance clearly startled Senchi and seeing Senchi also clearly startled Aya. Both of them froze up and immediately blushes.