4) Nervous

---✿---

"Woonhak smile," Jaehyun said in a chipper tone while sticking his phone right up to the younger's face.

"What no~" Woonhak whined as he shoved the phone away.

"But I have to it's for my project." Jaehyun excused.

Woonhak looked him up and down with an unimpressed face. "And that involves taking a picture of me." He sassed.

"Yeah, it's my English project. I'm supposed to document my week and take a few pictures." The elder continued to explain.

"Your whole week?" Woonhak questioned.

"Yes, my whole week. Now please, smile for the camera." Jaehyun grinned while raising his phone again.

"Yeah, no." Woonhak shook his head as he grabbed Jaehyun's hand and held it down on his thigh.

"Oh come on, please," Jaehyun begged as he shook the younger's arm with his free hand.

"No," Woonhak said firmly while grabbing Jaehyun's other hand and holding it down as well, causing Jaehyun to lean closer.

Now both of Jaehyun's hands are on Woonhak's thigh and their faces only a few inches apart. Jaehyun glanced down at his hands being trapped by the youngers and then slowly shifted his gaze to Woonhak's face. As their eyes locked on each other, he felt an immense amount of butterflies in his stomach and a burning sensation in his cheeks.

The eye contact was so strong to the point where even Woonhak was a little shy. That feeling was new to him, the feeling of being nervous, especially around his best friend. He shares a bed with him every night and spends almost every waking hour with him as well, so why is a little bit of eye contact and closeness getting to him all of a sudden?

Jaehyun was the first to break off the eye contact and removed his hands from the younger thigh. "Fine." He huffed just before he crossed his arms and turned his body the other way. The elder then sat there and moped for a few minutes without saying a word.

Woonhak sighed as he let the unexpected tension exit his body, not knowing what this strange feeling was. Then once he realized Jaehyun had been moping it made the younger feel bad for denying Jaehyun of his photo. 'It's just for his project anyways', he thought to himself before giving in. "Ok ok, you can take a picture of me."

"Really?!" Jaehyun set up an excitement.

"Yeah," Woonhak confirmed almost regrettably.

"Oh thank you Woonhak!" Jaehyun chirped as he gave the younger a small pack on the cheek and picked up his phone again.

"Just don't make me look ugly." Woonhak shook his head and laughed.

"That's impossible." Jaehyun smiled as he snapped away.

-----

"What are you all smiley about?" Leehan questioned Woonhak with a smirk the second the younger sat down in class.

"Oh um, it was just something Jaehyun said," Woonhak answered shyly.

"Of course it was, you two are practically attached at the hip." Leehan teased.

"Well he is my best friend and we've known each other since we were 6 and he practically lives with me." Woonhak blabbed.

"Don't worry I know that but others might have misunderstood," Leehan said while bending over to pull out his notebook.

"Wait what, what do you mean misunderstood?" Woonhak questioned thinking he must have misheard him.

"Oh you haven't heard?" Leehan asked.

"Heard what?" The younger scrunched his brow in confusion.

"Yeah, you definitely haven't heard then. So um, there's kind of a rumor that you and Jaehyun are dating." Leehan explained.

"Dating?!" Woonhak shouted in shock.

"Shhh, yes but it's just a rumour, don't worry too much about it." Leehan tried to calm him down.

Woonhak looked on either side of him after getting embarrassed from shouting. "How am I not supposed to freak out? The rumour is literally about me and my best friend." He whispered.

"I know but it's not even true so who cares," Leehan reassured.

"Um ok, but who made it up?" Woonhak asked cluelessly.

"I don't know, I just heard it from someone who heard it from someone." Leehan shrugged.

The idea of everyone thinking that he and his best friend were dating left Woonhak perplexed. He's never thought of his best friend like that before and it felt strange. As Woonhak was thinking about the situation, he looked over at Jaehyun, who was staring right back at him. Their sudden eye contact startled the poor boy and it made him feel just as nervous as he was this morning. He doesn't know how to feel about this new feeling, this sudden nervousness. He then just quickly broke off their eye contact as he went to pull out his school supplies for his morning class.

-----

Jaehyun has had a hard and tiring few hours without Woonhak. So obviously he was extremely excited to see him again and was practically skipping out of school toward the spot where they meet. But just as he passed the gates and turned the corner he saw Woonhak standing there with a girl.

This random girl had her hand on Woonhak's bicep and was smiling a little too brightly for Jaehyun's liking. Woonhak was also smiling from ear to ear right back and Jaehyun was left speechless. Just seeing a girl next to Woonhak made his blood boil. He didn't know how to react but he did know that he definitely wanted to grab Woonhak like a sack of potatoes and run.

"Jaehyun, there you are." Woonhak finally noticed the elders presence.

"Hey..." Jaehyun answered hesitantly as he looked back and forth between Woonhak and the new girl.

"Oh, um right, this is Eunchae, she's the girl that Leehan mentioned." Woonhak tried to introduce the girl beside him but Jaehyun didn't care in the slightest.

"Oh really, so you're the girl that had to beg other people to ask what my best friend's type was?" Jaehyun asked in a sassy manner while looking the random girl up and down.

The girl slightly giggled and then stuck her hand out for a handshake. "Yes, I'm Eunchae and you must be the dog."

Jaehyun's eyes widened from whatever he had just heard and was absolutely appalled. "The what?"

---✿---