12) Dear Woonhak,

---✿---

It's already been 2 weeks since Jaehyun was told he was moving and it's been a little stiff between the two boys, with good reason. One was still heartbroken and the other was now hiding their new feelings but overall they were both dealing with the grief of losing each other. No matter how long Jaehyun was going to be gone, they knew it was going to be too long for them.

"Do you really have to go?" Woonhak asked with tears filling up in his eyes as they stood in his driveway.

"Yeah, I don't really have a choice." Jaehyun sighed while staring at the ground.

"But you could stay with us like always, instead of leaving the country, leaving me." Woonhak made a last-ditch attempt to make the elder stay, but it wasn't up to him.

"Woonhak, it's not that simple. Believe me, I would love to stay and I'm sure your parents would love to keep me too but it's just not that simple." Jaehyun shook his head as he grabbed the younger arm to comfort him.

A tear began running down Woonhak's face as the realization hit him. He won't have his best friend by his side anymore, his person, his everything. It's not like he hadn't realized this before within the last two weeks, but it was more like he was previously in denial and it all just came crashing down now.

Woonhak then saw Jaehyun's mom's car pull up in front of his house, and he felt a small panic inside. "Jaehyun, I really don't want you to go." He blurted out before quickly grabbing the elder and pulling him into a tight embrace.

Jaehyun's heart somehow managed to break even more than before. "I don't want to go either." He whispered as he held on to the younger for dear life.

Woonhak made Jaehyun feel so much, he meant the world to him and he wanted Woonhak to know that, so he had wrote a letter. He knew the letter was risky but he still felt like he had to give it to him.

As they both slipped out of their hug, Jaehyun pulled out the letter from his pocket and he held it in front of Woonhak. "Please take this and read it once I'm gone." He asked tears now running down his face as well.

"Oh of course, but did you have to make it sound like you're dying." Woonhak giggled through his tears as he softly took the letter from him.

"I didn't-" Jaehyun started to giggle with Woonhak before they got interrupted by the irritating sound of his mom's car horn.

Jaehyun looked towards the car with furious eyes before looking back towards Woonhak as his gaze immediately softened. "Goodbye, Woonhak" he whispered while giving the younger one last hug.

"Goodbye, Jaehyun." Woonhak rubbed his tear-stained cheeks on Jaehyun's shoulder and sighed. "I love you."

Jaehyun loosened their embrace and cupped Woonhak's face in his hands. He stared deeply into the younger's eyes and smiled softly. Woonhak's touch, his voice, his warmth, won't be felt by the elder again, he won't ever have this again. "I love you too." He said before giving Woonhak a small and gentle peck on the lips.

Woonhak blushed but before he could say anything, Jaehyun slipped away and started walking towards the car. 'Maybe it's for the better I don't tell him. It would definitely make it harder.' He thought to himself while watching Jaehyun get in the car before they drove away.

-----

Once Woonhak finally made his way to his room he was a complete mess. He felt like he had just lost his best friend forever, even though he didn't really know how long he'd be gone. He felt like he finally figured out what he wanted only for it to be stripped away from him.

As Woonhak was still sitting on his bed in distort, he remembered the letter from Jaehyun he had put in his jacket pocket. 'Oh my god, how could I have forgotten?' He thought to himself before running downstairs to the coat rack and grabbed it.

However, on his way back to his room, he saw his mother in the corner of his eye, staring back at him with a concerned face. "Are you alright?" She asked while trying to catch her son's attention.

Woonhak stared into his mom's eyes and he knew she knew. "No." He answered simply as he rushed on to his mom for a hug.

"Oh baby, I know, I know, it's ok." She said in a comforting voice to her son who was now practically shaking in her arms.

"But I love him," Woonhak mumbled through his shakey voice.

"I know you do." Mrs Kim sighed as she caressed her son's head.

After Woonhak and his mom had a very much-needed catching up and comforting, Woonhak went back to his room exhausted.

But as he was crawling into bed he heard a crinkling noise coming from the pocket of his hoody and he immediately remembered why he had gone downstairs again in the first place. He then pulled the letter out and saw that the front said 'To Woonhak ♡' with a little heart next to it.

He smiled at Jaehyun's messy writing and crooked heart but he continued to open it and moved on to the actual letter.

'Dear Woonhak,

I know you're probably wondering why I wrote you a letter when I could have just texted you but I have a feeling you won't want to talk to me after you read this. I wish I could be honest with you, I wish I could tell you everything on my mind but everything on my mind is you. If I had a choice, I would choose to be with you every second, of every day, of every year, of every lifetime. If I could choose my future I'd continue to sleep right next to you every night, play basketball with you every day, eat a bunch of junk food with you, watch our favourite shows in bed with you and live happily together for the rest of our lives. I know it sounds dramatic but that's truly all I could ever wish for, you are all I could ever wish for. You are the best part of my life, you are my whole life. I can't imagine a world without you and honestly, I'm so scared right now because of that. For as long as I can remember you were always with me, no one else, just you. I've always loved you, I've loved you since the second you taught me what love was back in the first grade. You always tell me you love me back but I know you don't mean it the same way. I know you're straight and I know you have a girlfriend and I know you could never think of me that way. But me on the other hand, I've been madly in love with you for years and I've never thought of anyone else that way but you and I don't know if I ever will.

Love, Jaehyun.

Also, I'm sorry if this made you uncomfortable.'

Woonhak immediately burst into tears once again. Jaehyun has always loved him and never told him and now he's leaving. How could Jaehyun have felt this way all along, meanwhile Woonhak has only just realized. How could he ever even think that Woonhak would be uncomfortable by him?

Woonhak had to know, he had to talk to Jaehyun, so he texted him in hopes of a response.

(Jaehyun ♡)

Jaehyun please tell me you haven't left yet

Jaehyun I love you too

I wish I had known then I could have told you the second I felt the same way

Jaehyun

Jaehyun?

Woonhak continued to text Jaehyun with no response. He tried every hour on every platform that they've ever texted each other on, with no luck. He finally figured that Jaehyun was just on the plane and that he'd see all of this later and respond to him.

But unfortunately, Woonhak was wrong. Days went by and he continued texting Jaehyun non-stop, but nothing. Weeks go by then months go by, until finally years go by.

But Woonhak never got a response.

---✿---

ac: I swear I almost cried while writing this chapter 😭