17) For the best

---✿---

"Kim Woonhak sit your ass down, right now," Leehan demanded the second Woonhak closed the door behind him as he stood in front of the couch.

The long-haired boy stood there in a power stance, that looked similar to an irritated mother, with his hand on his hip as he waited for the younger to be seated. Meanwhile, Taesan was already nervously sitting on his boyfriend's bed, scared of the lecture that Woonhak had coming to him.

"Um, Leehan I-" Woonhak began talking once he finally settled on the couch but quickly got cut off by the elder.

"Are you dumb?" Leehan asked like it was a genuine question.

"No?" Woonhak hesitantly answered, still a bit confused by the situation.

"Yeah you're right you're not dumb, you're stupid." The elder corrected himself.

"But that's the same thing..." Woonhak muttered to himself as he looked towards Taesan for help, thinking Leehan had gone crazy.

"You forgave Jaehyun within minutes, didn't you? Maybe even seconds? Hell, you probably forgave him the moment you saw him at the door." Leehan interrogated Woonhak like some convicted criminal.

"Um, I mean yeah, I forgave him after he explained himself. Why?" Woonhak answered, not seeing the problem in the situation.

Leehan let out a tired sigh as if he was dealing with a child. "Woonhak, it has been four years, does four years mean anything to you?"

Woonhak finally tuned into why Leehan was acting like an angry mother and he quickly took a deep breath before answering. "Ok, I see where you're going with this now but-"

"How many nights did I spend with you while you balled your eyes out? How many meals did you skip because you said 'it didn't taste the same without him'? How many days of school did you skip because he wasn't there? Oh and how many unread texts did you send that boy? Hundreds? Maybe even thousands?" Leehan began spitballing and unpacking painful memories for the younger, in hopes that he'd realize just how dumb he was for forgiving Jaehyun so easily.

"I know! I know ok?! He put me through a lot of pain and heartbreak but all of that time waiting and festering would have been for nothing if I had just rejected his apology and never saw him again." Woonhak rebuttaled with a shaky voice and glossy eyes.

"But he's an asshole! He doesn't deserve to just walk right back into your life after writing you some sloppy love letter before fucking off to America!" Leehan's voice gradually rose as he argued and he even looked over to Taesan to justify his argument.

But when he looked towards his boyfriend he was met with concerned eyes causing him to look back down at the younger, only to realize just how upset he had made him. Woonhak was already full-blown crying now, partially because he was being yelled at but also because he secretly knew that Leehan was right.

Leehan took a deep breath before he squatted down in front of the younger and placed his hands on Woonhak's knees to try and comfort him. "Look Woonhak, I love you and as your friend, I'm just trying to look out for you. I just don't want to see you hurt and I have a strong feeling he's just going to hurt you again and I personally think you should go over there and tell him that your guy's fling ended years ago." He tried to explain more calmly.

Although Woonhak's views were different from Leehan's, he still trusted and respected his friend's opinion scene Leehan has gone through a toxic relationship or two himself and is definitely more experienced than Woonhak.

So Woonhak gave in, he agreed, and he quietly nodded his head as he wiped his last few years away. "You're right." He answered as he looked into Leehan's eyes and curled his lips into a thin line.