9) Always

---✿---

After Woonhak's confusing lunch this afternoon he became very stressed during his last two classes. All the younger wanted was to see Jaehyun right now, he thought maybe if he were to see him it would give him some sort of answer. Answer to what? That he doesn't know but he does know that Jaehyun will at least make him feel better somehow.

So he waited for the elder anxiously at their usual meeting spot for a while. But as some time passed he realized Jaehyun was suspiciously late.

Woonhak's nerves heightened and his demeanour sharpened as he was hit with a cold autumn breeze while watching his peers pass by him happily. He wished he could just be happily walking to the bus stop right now with Jaehyun like usual but for some reason, he couldn't.

As even more time passed Jaehyun was still nowhere to be seen. He figured the elder might be held up in class so he attempted to call him but there was no response.

The young boy grew more and more concerned and he tried to call him again until a familiar face stopped right in front of him.

"Oh, Woonhak you're still here?" It was Riwoo who asked, Woonhak didn't really know him very well but he knew he was friends with Jaehyun so he was slightly relieved to see him.

"Uh yeah, I'm waiting for Jaehyun, have you seen him?" Woonhak asked nervously.

Riwoo cocked his head to the side a little bit as he gave the younger confused look. "Did Jaehyun not tell you he was going home today?"

"Home? As in his mom's house?" Woonhak's eyes widened in shock.

"Yeah?" Riwoo answered hesitantly after Woonhak's dramatic response and then continued. "But that's kind of weird he didn't tell you, I've seen that guy literally text you he was going to the bathroom before." He lightly chuckled to himself.

But after Riwoo confirmed the younger's heart stopped. He knew how traumatizing that place is for Jaehyun and that he would never go there voluntarily. Also, the fact that he didn't even bother to let Woonhak know was even more concerning.

After a moment of awkward silence, the elder spoke up. "Well um, I gotta go, I'm going to miss my bus." Riwoo was left with no response from the younger so he continued to walk away awkwardly.

And the second he left Woonhak's mine began to run wild. 'Why would Jaehyun go to see his mom? Why didn't he tell me? I really hope he's okay. I wish I could see him right now.'

After one more failed attempt to call Jaehyun in his moment of panic, Woonhak called the only other person whom he felt like he could talk to, Leehan.

"Leehan are you still at school?" Woonhak asked frantically the second Leehan picked up.

"No, why?" The elder answered right away without questioning as he could hear the shakiness in Woonhak's voice.

"I really- um, just need someone to talk to right now." Woonhak stuttered.

"Oh, well I'm only a 5-minute walk from the school, you can come to my house if you want or I can come to you." Leehan offered as he tried to comfort the younger through his soft tone.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes then, just send me your location." The younger said in a rush as he quickly hung up the phone.

A little more than 5 minutes later Woonhak showed up at Leehan's door.

"Woonhak... Are, you ok?" The elder asked after immediately noticing Woonhak's distraught look.

"No, well yeah, um I don't know, I just kind of need to talk." Woonhak sighed as he walked right in without a thought.