8) I heard

---✿---

"Woonnie!" Eunchae cheered the second she saw Woonhak standing outside her class as she skipped towards him.

"Hey~" Woonhak chuckled lightly from the embarrassment of her enthusiastic greeting that caught a lot of attention.

As Eunchae stopped right in front of Woonhak, she flashed him a large grin before grabbing his arm. "Alright let's go!" She cheered again before dragging the young boy alone with her.

"Oh- um, ok." Woonhak stuttered while almost tripping along the way.

Once Eunchae finally dragged Woonhak all the way out of the building to the outside common area, she popped him down on a bench and handed him a small oval-shaped box. When Woonhak opened it he was greeted with a delicious-looking meal that he couldn't resist.

"Did you make this?" Woonhak asked in awe.

"Yep." Eunchae chirped back as she sat down beside him.

"Wow... Is it all for me?" He asked again, still in disbelief while looking at the large proportion.

"Yes silly," The bright girl giggled before pulling out her own matching lunch. "I have my own so don't worry, eat up."

"Thank you, Eunchae." Woonhak smiled before digging in without any hesitation.

The two just sat there and ate their lunches without much conversation. Until Eunchae spoke up after having her last bite. "Ok, now it's time to talk." She said assertively as she placed her bento box to the side.

"Ok..." Woonhak said hesitantly unsure of what Eunchae may say.

"Look, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for yesterday, I know it wasn't technically a date and I shouldn't have just assumed that you like me back and that you would want to kiss me." She blurted out with a concerned, almost distressed face.

"Who says I don't like you back?" Woonhak said with a sly grin.

"What?" Eunchae questioned as her eyes widened.

"There's no need to apologize, I do like you and I thought it was a date too. I just got really nervous but it's not your fault." The younger reassured.

"Really?! oh my god me too! I don't even know how it happened I feel like I just blacked out and leaned in without even thinking." Eunchae rambled on nervously.

"It ok I get it." Woonhak smiled as he put his hand on her shoulder. "But you know, I'm not really nervous anymore."

Eunchae paused for a moment while she digested what he just heard until she smiled shyly. "I don't think I am either."

Woonhak smiled again before he asked. "Then can I kiss you?" All he got in response was a shy nod from the other so he proceeded.

But Woonhak's mind immediately went to his and Jaehyun's practice round from the night before. He tried to remember if there was any sort of step-by-step he could follow until he remembered Jaehyun's first move.

Woonhak shuffled a little closer to Eunchae and gazed into her eyes. He then leaned a little closer and closer until he finally connected their lips. At first, it was soft, but just like his practice round, it began to gain traction.

The younger then quickly realized something felt off. Woonhak just didn't feel as much excitement or tension as he did before and he didn't know why. He figured he just wasn't kissing right and that he should try something different.

Woonhak remembered when he put his hand on Jaehyun's neck during their kiss. Not only did that deepen their kiss initially but he could also tell that Jaehyun really liked it by the way he hummed on his lips.

So he tried to do the same with Eunchae and she seemed to have liked it as well. But Woonhak still felt nothing.

As their kiss ended Woonhak was left more confused than ever while Eunchae smiled from ear to ear. "Wow, um." She stuttered as she stared at the ground nervously.

"Sorry, if that was bad." The younger apologized since he had still thought he was the problem.

"No, it wasn't, really. It was actually perfect." Eunchae giggled as she covered her blushed face.

"Perfect?..." Woonhak questioned not only Eunchae but also himself as well.

"Yeah." The girl nodded leaving Woonhak feeling utterly confused.

-----

By the time 4th period rolled around Jaehyun was extremely tired. He had spent all day thinking about Woonhak and having the same discussion with himself over and over again. So he decided to just distract himself with his school work, like he should have been doing in the first place.

As Jaehyun was quietly working alongside Riwoo he heard the girls that sit in front of them chatting. It sounded like regular girl gossip that he usually wasn't very interested in until he heard a certain name that caught his attention.

"Oh, have you heard about Woonhak and Eunchae yet?" The tall girl with a slick back ponytail asked.

"No, what happened?" The shorter girl with the braids eyes widened as if she was already excited for what she was about to be told.

'Woonhak and Eunchae?' he thought to himself almost in fear of what they would say next. He could also tell that Riwoo was listening too since he had popped his head up at the same time as well.

"I heard that they're together now." The tall girl paused so the shorter one could react.

"Really? No way, I totally thought he and that other guy were dating." The braided girl gasped as she scrunched a brow in confusion, clearly unaware that 'the other guy' was right behind her.

"Nope, that was just a rumour. Apparently, Woonhak and Eunchae kissed at lunch on one of the beaches outside." The ponytailed girl confirmed as if she was some sort of new reporter which earned a big gasp from both the shorter girl and Jaehyun. Although Jaehyun tried his best to muffle his gasp with his hand, he still caught the attention of Riwoo.

Jaehyun was hurt, I mean he saw it coming but not so soon. It hasn't even been 24 hours since they shared their first kiss and he's already moving on to her-

"Hey Jaehyun, are you ok?" Riwoo broke Jaehyun's train of thought as he placed his hand on the younger's shoulder with concern.

"No, I'm not," Jaehyun said honestly as he stared down at his desk.

Riwoo looked at Jaehyun to try and see if there was any hope of cheering him up but he quickly realized that reality was the only answer."Look Jaehyun, I understand you really love Woonhak but this was bound to happen. He's straight and no matter how much you try to ignore that, it's not going to change." He wished in hopes that no one would hear.

A small tear then ran down Jaehyun's face but he quickly wiped it away. "I know but-" Jaehyun suddenly got cut off by the sound of his phone buzzing and he quickly checked.

(Mom)

Come home today.
It's important.

---✿---

ac: the next few chapters are going to be kind of sad so prepare yourself!! (cuz I'm not 😭)