5) Dog

---✿---

"The what?" Jaehyun's eyes widened from whatever he had just heard and was absolutely appalled.

"Leehan told me there was a dog I may need to fight before I can get to Woonhak," Eunchae explained with a degrading smirk.

"Jaehyun's not a dog and you don't have to fight him." Woonhak laughed cluelessly.

"Oh I know, it's just a joke." Eunchae smiled innocently as she turned to Woonhak.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes. "It's not a funny one." He mumbled.

Eunchae pretended not to hear him and continued talking to Woonhak. "So, Woonhak are we still good to meet tomorrow? Your dog won't mind?"

"Yeah, he'll be fine, right?" Woonhak answered as he turned to Jaehyun with a smile to confirm.

At first, Jaehyun was infuriated, he was almost ready to pounce on her and run with Woonhak in hand. This random girl has no right coming up in his territory and influencing his Woonhak. But then he quickly realized that he was just proving Eunchae right. He is overprotective and territorial but he doesn't own Woonhak and he knows that.

"Right..." The elder nodded in defeat.

"Great! Then I'll see you tomorrow, Woonnie." Eunchae cheered before waving goodbye and skipping away which made Jaehyun grit his teeth.

Woonhak waved back. "Alright, bye." He then turned to Jaehyun with a devilish smile. "You do kind of look like a dog."

"What? No, I don't!" Jaehyun scoffed.

"Yeah, you're kind of like my little puppy." Woonhak giggled while petting the top of Jaehyun's head like a dog.

Jaehyun immediately got flustered and didn't know what else to do but bark back. "Hey, I'm your elder you know and I'm taller than you too!"

"You're only older than me by a few months and you're like what, an inch taller than me? I'm definitely gonna grow taller than you one day, just watch me." The younger declared as he stood up tall.

"Yeah right, maybe in your wildest dreams, Kim Woonhak." Jaehyun huffed before he walked away.

"More like in your reality, Myung Jaehyun!" Woonhak teased as he chased after him.

-----

Although Jaehyun absolutely dreaded the thought of tomorrow it still came quicker than he imagined. Jaehyun and Woonhak have also already parted ways due to the end of lunch. Jaehyun mind has been running wild since yesterday and he's had just about enough. He knows he only has one person he can talk to about this and he just so happens to be in his next class.

The second the teacher handed out the practice worksheets they were supposed to work on for that period, Jaehyun completely ignored it. Instead, he immediately turned to Riwoo and told him everything that was going on.

"Can you believe this? She just met him and she's already going on a date with him. I've known Woonhak for seven years and yet we've never been on an actual date." Jaehyun asked after finally finishing the longer-than-needed run down.

"Well yeah, kind of. A pretty girl asked him on a date, why wouldn't he say yes?" Riwoo answered reasonably.

"Because he my Woonhak~" Jaehyun whined.

"And that's why you got called a dog." Riwoo shook his head. "I know you're in love with him and everything but you don't exactly own him, Jaehyun." He explained.

"I know but... I don't know." Jaehyun sighed hopelessly.

"Look, why don't you just wait. What if Woonhak ends up not even liking Eunchae, what if he figures out he doesn't even like girls at all? You never know what's going to happen. so in the meantime just wait." Riwoo tried to reassure him.