16) Promises

---✿---

"So, how long have you liked me?" Jaehyun asked with a sheepish grin as the two boys sat in the stairwell next to each other, with their hands intertwined, after finishing their bit-aggressive make-out session.

Woonhak smiled at the question as he leaned his head back on the wall to think. "Huuum... I think I only really realized it once I kissed Eunchae."

"Oh... right." Jaehyun's grin quickly faded as he looked away and he removed his hand from Woonhak's.

The younger giggled at his reaction before continuing. "But, I think I was unknowingly developing feelings for you way before that."

Jaehyun looked back at the younger and regained his smile. "Really?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, I mean don't you think I felt nervous from all our touching and cuddling and occasional little kisses on the cheek?" Woonhak teased.

"No, you never seem nervous." Jaehyun rolled his eyes, thinking the younger was lying.

"I was~" Woonhak tried to defend himself. "I just didn't show it because I thought it was normal, I thought everyone felt nervous when they were close with someone else until I realized I only felt that way around you."

"Oh... Good." Jaehyun blushed as he shyly played with the cuffs of his sleeves.

"Good?" Woonhak questioned.

"Yeah, it's just good to know that you liked me too." Jaehyun giggled almost in shock by his own sentence.

"Yeah, it probably would have been great to know before you ghosted me." Woonhak teased again as he pretended to be still upset.

"Woonhak~ you know I'm sorry~" Jaehyun whined as he shook the younger's arm for forgiveness.

"Ok, ok, I was just kidding, I forgive you for the most part, but you are never ever allowed to do that again. You hear me?" Woonhak nagged as he wagged his finger in the other's face.

"I hear you and I promise." Jaehyun saluted as if the younger was his sergeant keeping him in line.

Woonhak smiled before sneaking one more peck on the lips which caught Jaehyun off guard. "But you also have to make up for it."

Jaehyun blushed a little and tried to compose himself before answering. "I promise I'll do anything to make it up to you."

"Anything?" Woonhak questioned with a devilish grin.

"Anything." Jaehyun confirmed as he placed his hand on the younger's thigh.

"Ok, I'll keep that in mind." Woonhak nodded as he placed his hand on top of the elders and squeezed it playfully.

The conversation then got engulfed by silence but it wasn't awkward or anything. It almost felt peaceful like they were just enjoying each other's presence which was something they hadn't done in years, something they both yearned for.

"Why did you randomly show up at my door?" Woonhak suddenly broke the silence with a question. "I mean I know you didn't do it on purpose based on how shocked you were and all but still."

Jaehyun paused for a second to remember until it finally hit him. "Oh yeah, my assignment. I was just doing some extra credit work that my professor offered me cuz I got a really bad mark on my last assignment but the movie you were watching was too loud so I came to ask you to turn it down and then Taesan answered the door and I was like 'oh damn Taesan's my neighbour' but then he was like 'no it's my boyfr-' wait a minute- are you and Taesan... dating?"

"What?! No! Why would I drag you out here and kiss you if I was dating someone?" Woonhak quickly put down any of Jaehyun's speculations. "He's my roommate Leehan's boyfriend."

"Ohhh, that makes more sense." The elder sighed in relief before processing the name he had said. "Wait, Leehan is your dorm mate?"

"Yeah, me and Leehan grew really close after you left and so we went to the same university and dormed together. He kind of got me through some really hard times and I'm really grateful to him." Woonhak explained.

At first Jaehyun was happy to hear that Woonhak wasn't all alone while he was gone but at the same time it hurt him knowing that he was the reason Woonhak was lonely and it hurt even more that he couldn't comfort the younger himself.

"I'm guessing you go to the same university too? What major did you take?" Woonhak changed the subject, noticing Jaehyun went quiet.

"Um, I'm a music major," Jaehyun answered.

"Huh! Really!" Woonhak cheered. "I know you've always wanted to be a musician. How'd you convince your mom?"

"I didn't, if it was up to my mom I wouldn't even be back in Korea." Jaehyun rolled his eyes at the mere thought of his mother. "Well, anyways what major did you take?" He moved on not wanting to unpack anything about his mom at the moment.

"I'm a dance major," Woonhak answered, excited to see the elder's reaction.

"A dance major? That's so cool, you have to show me one of your dance routines." Jaehyun said enthusiastically as he shook the younger's leg he had still been gripping onto.

"Ok, and you have to sing for me," Woonhak answered.

"Deal!" Jaehyun smiled as he offered his pinky to the younger.

Once Woonhak noticed the conversation dying down, he realized just how long they had been sitting there. "Ok, we should go now, the cold floor is kind of hurting my bum." He excused as he stood up and patted his butt off.

"Ok," Jaehyun said while standing up to join the younger. But once Jaehyun stood up Woonhak giggled which made the elder confused. "What?" He asked.

"I told you I'd be taller than you, Myung Jaehyun." Woonhak teased.

Jaehyun almost gasped in offense. "Huh, no you didn't."

"Oh I did," Woonhak smirked. "What am I, like 3 inches taller than you now?" He asked as he teasingly padded the elder's head.

"Huh!" Jaehyun scoffed while stomping back into their dorm hallway.

"What? I don't get a comeback?" Woonhak smirked as he chased after Jaehyun, grabbing his hand and interlocking their fingers before he playfully swung their arms back and forth.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes but still couldn't help but smile at the younger's cuteness, until their moment of bliss quickly got interrupted by an unimpressed face waiting at the end of the hall.

"Leehan?" Jaehyun almost gasped again and was surprised to see another familiar face.

"Yep, long time no see but If you don't mind, can I have a word with Woonhak?" He snarked before quickly changing back to his cold demeanour.

Jaehyun and Woonhak both looked at each other confused yet slightly scared. Then Woonhak slowly let go of the elder's hand and idly followed the long-haired boy back into his dorm, leaving Jaehyun all alone.

"Bye, I guess," Jaehyun whispered to himself for no one to hear.

---✿---

ac: I love how this chapter was just a long ass conversation 🫠

also sorry for the late chapter loves ♡