Chapter 1 - Charlie's Angels in White

It was 6:30 in the morning

It was 6:30 in the morning. Danial Izzani walked quietly from SMK Tengku Simpulan Intan's school gate to the Kegemilangan Assembly Area, located just opposite the gate. His school bag was positioned perfectly at the back of his body. He was carrying a file in his arms. His school shirt was pressed smoothly and sparkling white in contrast to the dark morning, as the sun was still shy on the horizon. Embedded neatly on his shirt's collar tip and pocket square, was the embroidered Tengku Simpulan Intan badge, in the shape of an armour. He wore tailored dark green pants that fit perfectly on his straight leg and paired it with a dark green belt, chained with a small, silver in colour metal buckle. His shoes were as white as pearls.

Danial walked across the assembly area. A bunch of school prefects were already at the area, ready for their morning briefing. The prefects' uniform was vastly different compared to what Danial was wearing. Their shirts were still white, but it was covered with a maroon in colour blazer - the official colour of Tengku Simpulan Intan. It was extremely a striking colour, considering most schools' prefect blazers were black, blue, or green. (SMK Margaret Snowdon prefect blazer was cream, while SMK Mary of Teck's was the usual black.) The prefects wore their shirts and blazer with maroon in colour necktie, decorated with small armour badges of Tengku Simpulan Intan all over the fabric of the necktie.

Paired with the maroon blazer, was white pants for the gents, together with black shoes. Meanwhile, for the ladies, they wore knee-length maroon skirts. As for the Muslim female prefects, their skirts were ankle-length. Their hijabs were tucked under the shirt to show their shirt's collar, necktie, and blazer. They could also opt for the baju kurung, where their hijab was situated normally to cover their bust - and they wore their blazer over their hijab.

Danial glanced over to the stage of Kegemilangan Assembly Area. A very tall male student stood near the rostrum, while flipping through papers clipped to a clipboard. The glance turned to a stare from Danial's square-bevelled semi-rimless frame glasses. The tall male student was Tengku Simpulan Intan's head prefect, Elment Law.

Elment's face was carved by a goddess. Square-shaped, with extremely visible jawline - his mandible bone popped every time he clenched his teeth or chewed his food. Like most Chinese, he had small eyes, but the eyes smiled with his lips, when he chose not to be too serious all the time. His hair was super straight but voluminous. Every time he slicked his hair to the back of his head by using his fingers, it sent jolts of giggles from the girls, who witnessed him doing that gesture. For some reason, even butterflies flew vigorously in Danial's stomach, when he saw him doing so.

Elment was the perfect model student. Head prefect, top in his class. He was destined to get straight A's in his Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) examination at the end of this year. (SPM was the final examination for final year secondary school students in Malaysia.) All the teachers adored him. Good looking student, with well-behaved manners, very intelligent, focused in his studies, displayed good leadership at a young age as the head prefect, and very athletic. He was the school's star swimmer. (Another reason why all teachers adored him - he knew how to balance his academics and extracurricular activities evenly. Being a head prefect and the school's swimmer only. That's it. Nothing more.)