Chapter 12 - Bloody Mary

The sound of an engine car broke the peaceful ambience of Mahkota Street

The sound of an engine car broke the peaceful ambience of Mahkota Street. Madam Dayang, Zara, Mifzal, Sultan Muzzammil V and Inspector Hassan tried to find the source of the sound. Until they saw a car moving so fast towards them. Inspector Hassan was holding the Sultan's wrist to save him away from any unwanted danger.

But the car stopped, not so far from them. It was stopped very abruptly. The tires of the car were screeching on the tar road. The car's driver seat's door opened. A 40-year-old woman came out from the car, wearing all full black. Her black hijab was very long, covering down until her stomach. She was in a full black dress, made of lycra.

She slammed her car door strongly, like she wanted to destroy her own car. Her face looked pure. Clear, white skin. With no makeup. No lipstick. No foundation whatsoever. But her eyes were puffy and red. Her corneas were red. It looked moist. As if she had just been crying for a long time.

She looked so devastated, sorrowful, and heartbroken. And then she screamed, "NOOOOOOO!"

She ran towards the group of five people, but not to meet them, but to pass through them, so she could reach the body bag at the top of the trolley, behind the ambulance.

She embraced the body bag. And then she released it. She was eyeing her surroundings like a crazy woman. The paramedics were actually behind her, but they were too scared to approach her. The woman turned to her back and demanded to the paramedics, "Open this bag!"

The paramedics were rigid, like a statue. "OPEN THIS BAG! I COMMAND YOU!" she yelled. Her face was so choleric.

She looked back at the black body bag. Her face transformed again from being angry to woeful. "Clarissa," she weeped. "Wake up darling, wake up!"

She touched the body bag, which seems that maybe she touched Clarissa's dead shoulder. "Clarissa, wake up," she said again. Shaking her shoulder gently. And then she shook her hard. "Wake up! Wake up! WAKE UP! NOOOOOO! DON'T DO THIS TO YOUR BELOVED HEADMISTRESS!"

Mifzal slowly turned his head to Madam Dayang and Zara. "Is she..."

"Yup," gulped Madam Dayang. "She's SMK Mary of Teck's headmistress, Madam Siti Haliza Tajuddin."

Madam Siti kept shaking Clarissa's body. "Wake up, Clarissa! Wake up!" Madam Siti's expression was so mournful, but a creepy, half-dead smile suddenly formed on her lips.

"You're joking, right? This is part of an improv? A practice for your English drama?" Madam Siti started to laugh creepily. A sense of wail sound was still wrapping the sound of her blasting laugh.

One of the paramedics approached Madam Siti by holding her shoulder. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!" yelped Madam Siti. She turned to her back and pushed the paramedic down to the floor. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME WITH YOUR FILTHY HANDS!"

A few other paramedics walked quickly to the trolley and the body bag, in an attempt to bring it inside the ambulance. But, Madam Siti extended her arms to her side, covering the trolley at her back.