Chapter 8 - The Scout's Scandal

Danial was slowly approaching the computer lab

Danial was slowly approaching the computer lab. He looked around, to ensure no one was following him, and walked to the back of the lab.

He saw Sharmila was standing alone. Her arms crossed over her chest.

"You're late," said Sharmila, giving Danial a glaring stare.

"I'm sorry, the additional mathematics question was really hard," bluffed Danial.

Sharmila squinted her eyes. She could feel that his friend was lying. But she didn't want to interrogate him.

Sharmila was a very slender girl. Her neck was long and slim. She had an oval face shape. Her hair was curly, but she liked to straighten it to make it wavy. She tied it in a ponytail. Her brown skin was flawless. She had nicely curved eyebrows. Her eyelashes were long and flowy. Her nose was distinctively straight. She was wearing a light blue pinafore, covering her knees. The armour-shaped Tengku Simpulan Intan was sewn at the right side of her pinafore.

"Why did the headmistress want to meet you?" asked Sharmila.

"She wanted me to join the choir team," confessed Danial.

Sharmila hit Danial's left arm with her left palm.

"Sharmila!" screamed Danial. "Stop harassing me. First the pull-in to the class line during the assembly. Now my arm is being hit. Auw, it hurts." Danial rubbed his left arm with his right palm.

"How on earth Madam Dayang suddenly wanted you to join the choir team? Oh, it must be that national anthem singing of yours. I told you to tone it down a bit. The school's assembly is not a concert."

"I have my rights to practise patriotism in my own country, thank you," said Danial truthfully. "And I'm not in the choir team to sing. Madam Dayang wanted me to play the violin for the choir team."

Sharmila showed a confused face. "I thought only a pianist is needed in the choir team?"

"Madam Dayang wanted to experiment something new. She thinks having a violin as the instrument instead of a piano would be a standout in the choir competition."

Sharmila paused from rebutting Danial's answer. She took a breath before continuing, "Remember Deepavali celebration at my house last year?"

"Yes?" responded Danial, unsure where Sharmila was heading to in her point of asking.

"Your mother met my mother..."

"Yes, I remember."

"Your mother ordered me to monitor your school activities..."

"Your point is?" asked Danial, starting to feel impatient.

"I'm holding your mother's words. To check on you to ensure you're not putting too much on your plate with too many extracurricular activities."

"Said the lady, who agreed to be Lady Tremaine in Joash Law's English drama," joked Danial.

"Danial Izzani Bin Nazim Zainal, don't change the topic!"