INTERMISSION OCT 20

An extra "chapter" to the AU from October 17.  :)  This time a little of Win's POV.

Weddings nowadays are quite a complex event. With prenup shoots and same day edits and rehearsal dinners.

It was a bit overwhelming for Light.

So when he heard the knock on his groom suite he stiffens. What could it be now?

Don't tell him had to pose again for a hundred more shots. He'll never make it to the ceremony at this rate.

He opens the door and almost sighs when he sees the video camera pointed his way.
But then their little ring bearer pops up from behind the videographer and hands Light a letter. The boy and the cameraman wave goodbye and they silently instruct Light to close his door.

He looks at the envelope and all frustration with the hoops, bells, and whistles of weddings fly out the window.

Intrigue sets in.

He sits down and opens the envelope.
A letter slips out. He opens that too.

Dear Light,
Upon first telling, ours seems like an unusual love story. One of hilarious miscommunication and Hallmark movie level plot twists.

But that's because I haven't quite told you my side of the story.

I never really planned to. But it seemed only fair that I tell you the truth before we get married.

The truth is, there is nothing unusual or different about how our story started. In fact, it quite honestly began with the most cliche trope of all: love at first sight.

I was in a mood the day we were supposed to meet to discuss my roommate ad. I just had some professor dismiss my work because of my sexuality and I was stewing that I did nothing about it.

I was all geared up to give a speech about bigotry to whoever would show up at that coffee shop. I was looking for a fall guy for my anger.

But then a man showed up.

Tall and commanding with the air of someone wholly unbothered. Black, nape-length hair that looked expertly tousled by the wind. He had a guitar case slung casually on his broad shoulders - an instrument that took me a second to notice
because I was too busy being hypnotized by his piercing brown eyes and arrogant cupid's bow.

It was if all air and sound ceased to exist in that moment. All I could see was him.

Or rather, all I could see was you

My anger was replaced with panic as you continued to stride in my direction.

Surely, you weren't the man who answered my ad? That would be absurd.

But you stopped right in front of me. You glanced at your phone and give a cursory look at the white sweatshirt and purple Swatch I said I was going to wear.