26 - P.O.S.

Katsuki reared back his head and hissed.

He crushed Izuku to him and didn't move, his body strung tight. Katsuki's gaze had turned to lava again, golden eyes burning.

Izuku turned and buried his face against Katsuki's hard, bunched biceps. He whispered, "I'm just not ready."

"The boyfriend," Katsuki snarled.

"Ex-boyfriend. And I'm so over him."

Izuku peeked at him. Katsuki was looking down at him, the planes and angles of his cold face cut sharp.

"You said you were still hurt."

He laid his fingers against that taut mouth and traced it, obsessed with the shape and texture of Katsuki.

"I am hurt because I chose to trust someone and was betrayed. I am no longer hurt by him, nor would I want anything to do with him if he were still alive. The most I would be tempted to do is beat the crap out of him again."

The tension in Katsuki's body started to ease. Izuku felt the man's mouth pull into a smile under his fingers.

"You beat the crap out of him?"

Izuku smiled back, eyes crinkling at him. "Well, no," he admitted. "But I did get a lot of satisfaction out of pushing him until I smacked him into a wall."

Katsuki studied him. Izuku's skin was flushed, lips swollen and dusky red from being kissed. Those jade emerald eyes sparkled at him. He was seriously beautiful, but even more breathtaking now that he is smiling at him genuinely.

However Izuku claimed he felt, his body was lax and trusting as it curved to fit his. The scent of his intense arousal was delectable.

"You are utterly gorgeous," Katsuki said. He pressed his lips against Izuku's forehead.

Izuku's eyes widened in shock, then he looked away, his flush deepening. He couldn't think of anything to say. On impulse, he hugged Katsuki tight. It seemed to surprise the man because he held still and then hugged him back, crushing him to his body before letting go.

Katsuki rolled away from him and onto his feet in one smooth, lithe motion. "Now we really must go."

Izuku wobbled to his feet, not as graceful as Katsuki had been. The man helped him pick up the things that had spilled from the bags and insisted on carrying them and his backpack. Feeling he had lost vital control of his life somehow, he trailed after him.

Before they left, Izuku went to the kitchen to collect his cell phone and to grab what he could eat on the run.

The dryer was running in the small utility room of the kitchen. Katsuki stopped it and pulled out his torn Armani shirt. He had rinsed out the blood as best he could, but the pristine white was gone. He shrugged it on but didn't bother to fasten what few buttons were left.

Izuku found himself grateful for even that indifferent coverage, although it didn't help much. Katsuki was still distracting and sexy, with glimpses of that abs showing at the open shirt.

The sight of Katsuki's bare chest had stolen every digit of his IQ.

They stepped outside. As Katsuki closed the front door, Izuku made a mental note to call Shinso to warn him they hadn't left the house in quite as good a shape as he would have liked.

Katsuki escorted him to the passenger's side of the car as he looked around. The stone-cold killer was back. He opened the door for Izuku and closed it after he was seated, then put the packages in the back and climbed into the driver's seat.

"Are you expecting trouble?" he asked, looking around at the tranquil night scene.

Altogether with his nap and everything else, they had used about six of Katsuki's twelve-hour time limit, and it was around 3:00 A.M. Someone, several beach houses down, was having a party with all lights blazing, but they kept it quiet.

"Not if the Elves keep to their word," Katsuki said. He located the lever and pushed the seat back as far as it could go.

"Why wouldn't they?" he asked, his eyes wide. "I've never heard anything bad about their integrity."

"You're quite a bit younger than I am," Katsuki reminded him. "Every race has had its less than stellar moments now and then. Oh, for fuck's sake. This car is going to kill me."

"What? Why?"

"Still waiting for it to pick up speed," Katsuki told him. "Any day now. What is it, a P.O.S.?"

"What's a P.O.S.?"

"Piece-of-shit car."

Izuku started to laugh. "It's a fine car. Very fuel efficient."

"Well, we know why, don't we?" despite his words, he kept to a modest speed until they had left the beach area and came to a main highway. When he accelerated, he held the car's speed steady at the speed limit.

"What kind of car do you have?" Izuku opened his yogurt that he took from the kitchen. He was starving.

"My favorite is the Bugatti."

He might have known Katsuki would have a car worth over a million Yens. No doubt it did something extravagant like hit the sound barrier in sixty seconds. He started to eat.

"How many other cars do you have?"

"Maybe thirty in the whole fleet. I don't keep track of them all. The ones I drive are the Bugatti or the Hummer. Sometimes the Rolls. My people drive the others. Besides, I'm more into motorcycles."

"Of course you do," he said.

'His people'.

Izuku shook his head.

Such extravagant wealth was unimaginable.

Katsuki glanced at him sideways, his lip curled. "What the hell are you eating?"

Izuku wiped the corner of his mouth with a thumb. "Soy yogurt."

"Is that food? I tried what you bought the other day, the Chocolate Marshmallow and the Cherry Coke Slurpee. I couldn't get either one out of my mouth fast enough."

Izuku burst out laughing. "Come on, it couldn't have been that bad."

"It was," Katsuki told him in a serious voice. "It was very much that bad."

"How did you know... "

Realization dawned.

"Oh, the note I left you. I wrote it on the back of a receipt," he smacked his forehead. "That's how you tracked me."

"We got the security footage from the date of the receipt. Between that and your human name you told me in the dream, we had you."

He sighed, finished his yogurt and opened the package of almonds. "So much for my life of crime," he offered Katsuki the opened package and the man shook his head.

Headlights came up behind them and stayed a steady distance away.

He noticed the dragon looking in the rearview mirror and twisted in his seat.

"What is it?"