33 - Going Through The Maze

Izuku crept down the corridor again, this time comforted by Katsuki's reassurance that he wasn't in imminent danger of running into a Goblin.

He found the guardroom Katsuki was talking about since the door was open. He looked inside and recoiled.

"Ugh," he muttered. "Filthy creatures."

He jumped, then put a hand on his sore ribs when Katsuki whispered in his ear through the wind, "Are you all right?"

"Oh, of course you can hear me," he said. "Yes, I'm fine. It's just... there's moldy food scraps on the table and it stinks in here. They're disgusting."

"They taste bad too," Katsuki said.

"You've eaten Goblin!" he exclaimed.

"No," Katsuki said, "I've bitten Goblin."

Katsuki sounded a little strained.

He bit his lip. He hoped the man wasn't damaging his arm too much.

Relevance, Izuku, he chided himself.

He shook himself and hurried through the room as fast as he could. The place was positively medieval and not in a sanitized-Hollywood-movie kind of way.

Was that urine in the corner? Ugh!

He tried as much as possible to avoid touching things.

He was disappointed he found no keys. But he did find a switchblade that fit into his pocket and a stiletto knife. The manacles weren't precision made. The stiletto looked like it might be thin enough to fit into the locks if Katsuki could bend the tip a bit.

Izuku grabbed the end of a battle-axe from the rack of weaponry. It was too heavy for him to lift so he had to drag it back to the cell.

The sound of the axe scraping along the corridor floor made him uneasy, so he hurried rather faster than his abused body wanted.

He was sweating and in pain by the time he propped open the cell door with one hip. He bit back a groan as he heaved the axe inside.

Katsuki looked from the axe to him as he leaned back against the doorpost, panting. Katsuki held up his left arm where part of the broken floor chain dangled. Izuku held up the stiletto.

Katsuki smiled. Game on.

After he gave Katsuki the thin blade, Izuku leaned against the wall nearby and slid down until he was sitting. It was comforting to watch Katsuki work and let his mind drift, to know there was nothing at that point in time that he could or should be doing.

Katsuki did bend the tip of the knife by sliding it between two flagstones and pulling on the handle. He had to twist at the waist, strain to reach the floor chain manacle on his right wrist and hold steady as he worked at the lock.

Izuku admired the strength and grace of Katsuki's body as he worked. To hold his twisted position, he had to tighten those striking abdominal muscles. They rippled and flexed as he took in controlled, steady breaths. The line from his broad shoulder slid around into that clenched waist.

Come to think of it, Katsuki looked pretty damn sexy chained to that floor. Especially if this was Izuku's castle. He would send his servants in to wash Katsuki, and they would of course clean up this disgusting cell, scatter candles around, put a mattress under Katsuki with silk sheets, oh, and maybe leave a bottle of wine and a couple of glasses, and afterward, Izuku would come down and tease him to madness by riding him and rubbing his scantily clad body all over that sizzling hot torso.

Except there was no castle. He had no servants. Katsuki's wrists were bleeding, which looked painful and was no fun at all, and everywhere he went, it stank like Goblin. Oh yeah, and their lives were in danger.