Ⴆαƈƙ ιɳ ƚԋҽιɾ ʅιʋҽʂ

The room emptied out after the ceremony concluded. Yi-jae left too, to pick up Kyung-sam for his eye appointment. Mun-hee had stopped attending her eye appointments years ago.

Yeon-jin was no longer happy to see Dong-eun, it seemed, because once Yi-jae was gone, she chucked the flowers onto the ground and strode towards Dong-eun, where she gave her a strong slap on the cheek.

"You crazy bitch!" she screamed, trying to attack her again, but Jae-jun stopped her. "Let go."

"You're acting like a high schooler again," Jae-jun replied.

"Let go of me!" Yeon-jin snapped, pulling her arm out of Jae-jun's grasp.

"So, did you achieve all of your dreams?" Dong-eun asked Yeon-jin, looking directly at her. "It seems you have a pretty decent job. You married an eligible bachelor when you were young and pretty. Are you living a happy life? I'm sure you managed to do it. Right, Yeon-jin?"

Jae-jun tried not to look worried. If Dong-eun knew about Yeon-jin's family, there was a chance she also knew things about his family. And if so, how much did she know?

"What do you want? You must've looked up articles about my marriage!" Yeon-jin tried to lunge at Dong-eun again. "What the hell are you after?"

"Hey, hey! Stop," Jae-jun got in between the two again. "You're not going to kill her here. It's crowded with students outside. Be the bigger person. Yeon-jin is still a kid with anger management issues. An angry little kid."

Hye-jeong stifled a laugh that escaped her lips.

"You guys really haven't changed at all. Neither has your friendship," Dong-eun noticed. "I'm jealous."

"Well, you've changed a bit," Jae-jun commented. "You were black and white in high school, but now you're more colourful."

"You think so?" Dong-eun hummed. "I've got to get going. I'll enjoy your forecast, Yeon-jin. You don't mind if I leave comments online, do you? Anyway, nice to see you all. By the way, Jae-jun, you wouldn't know what colourful means."

With that, Dong-eun left the gymnasium, leaving the four stunned bullies behind.

After a few minutes, Jae-jun started to leave. Once he was back in his car, he punched the steering wheel, causing it to honk loudly and scare a few nearby students.

His phone began to ring. It was Yi-jae.

He left it to ring, not wanting to speak with Yi-jae at the moment.

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

"Here's the bag," Myeong-o placed the Siesta bag on the floor beside the bath. "Yi-jae messaged, saying she'll be out when you return tomorrow afternoon."

However, Jae-jun was interested in something else. "You didn't come to work, and you've been ignoring my calls all day long. Do you know what confuses me? Why I keep giving you all these fսcking paychecks when I seem to be driving my car more than you are."

"Sorry. I passed out drinking," Myeong-o replied. "Do you want me to do anything else?"

Jae-jun let out a frustrated sigh. "Find out what Dong-eun's been up to."

"Dong-eun?" Myeong-o repeated. "Oh, the girl from high school?"

"Yeah, the one whose mouth you covered," Jae-jun replied, growing slightly annoyed. "How long will it take?"

"By any chance, did you ever sleep with that girl?" Myeong-o asked. "Did she have your kid?"

Jae-jun was now growing really pissed off, "Are you fսcking high? Have you finally lost it, you idiot?"

The door to the changing room then opens, and a woman with bright red hair enters, wearing a baggy T-shirt. "Oh, are we hitting the tub together?"

"No, we're not," Myeong-o replied, handing the Siesta bag to the woman, who took it with a smile. "He doesn't buy me any handbags."

Myeong-o left afterwards.

He had always been disgusted at how Jae-jun would now treat Yi-jae. Sure, Jae-jun spoiled her occasionally, but he did that with every woman he hooked up with.

If he could ever go back in time and change something, he would make sure Yi-jae never got with Jae-jun. He may have teased and joked about their relationship during High School, but as Jae-jun got more and more flings, Myeong-o realised just how deep of a situation Yi-jae was in the moment she found out.

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

"Did you have a good day, today?" Yi-jae asked her son.

"Yeah, we learnt about multiplication again," Kyung-sam answered. "I can't get most of them right, though."

"Why don't we try using that app that your friend, Ha-joon, uses?" Yi-jae suggested.

It had been a few days since Dong-eun had returned.

Yi-jae was currently doing what she would normally do on a weekday; pick up her son from his school. It was coincidentally the same school Ye-sol attended. Yeon-jin had gone to Yi-jae and Jae-jun for suggestions of schools for Ye-sol's future. Yeon-jin already planned to send Ye-sol to the same high school she did.

As Yi-jae began heading toward the main exit, she noticed an all-too-familiar face.

"Dong-eun?" Yi-jae smiled. Dong-eun turned at the mention of her name, quickly smiling a friendly smile. "I didn't know you worked here."

"I only just began here," Dong-eun replied. "I'm the new homeroom for Mr Yang's former class."

"Mr Yang left?" Kyung-sam gaped, growing slightly upset.

"Dong-eun, this is my son, Kyung-sam," Yi-jae introduced. "Mr Yang was his homeroom teacher last year when he was Ye-sol's age. You must be teaching Ye-sol then, right?"

Dong-eun nodded, "A very bright girl. Though she seems to take different approaches compared to others."

"Nothing wrong with that," Yi-jae shrugged.

"Never said it was," Dong-eun replied.

"Well, I hope to run into you for a longer chat one day," Yi-jae nodded. "I need to get this little devil home before his sister helps herself to the snacks in the kitchen."

"Do you know her, Eomma?" Kyung-sam asked on the ride home.

"She went to the same school as me for a bit," Yi-jae answered. "Though she dropped out... I think those bullies were the reason."

"She was bullied?" Kyung-sam repeated. "How horrible. Those bullies should've been punished."

"Yes, they should've," Yi-jae hummed. "Kyung-sam, if anyone ever tells you it's okay to bully someone, you should stop being around them."

"I know, Eomma," Kyung-sam nodded. "Bullying is a bad thing and bullies should be punished for hurting others."

"That's my boy," Yi-jae smiled, which made her son smile too.

The rest of the car ride home was filled with silence and Kyung-sam staring out the window.

Only one question and an answer to that question was uttered.

"Are the leaves turning red?"

"Yes, some are. Seems those appointments are helping."