ιɳϝσɱαƚισɳ ʂԋαɾҽԃ

"When you called about seeing each other, this isn't what I had in mind," Yi-jae admitted.

"Know how to play?" Do-yeong asked as they sat themselves down at a Go table in the area of the park.

Yi-jae shook her head as she bit the inside of her cheek, "I always found the game very confusing. No offence."

"None taken," Do-yeong replied. "I was once in your shoes. So was every other player."

"They seem so confident and focused," Yi-jae commented, looking over at a pair nearby who were deep in their game.

Do-yeong's hum sounded almost like a chuckle. "You start in the corners of the board and begin working your way around your opponents, trying to get rid of their groups."

"So like an invasion?" Yi-jae asked.

"In a way," Do-yeong nodded. "Here. I'll let you put the first one down."

"How generous," Yi-jae hummed. Taking a black Go piece, Yi-jae placed it down to her right. "So why are we really here and not in some private area to share what we know?"

"How did you know I wanted information?" Do-yeong asked as he placed down his white piece.

"You haven't found Myeong-o, clearly, and seeing as my husband most likely didn't know anything better, you've now had to turn to his wife," Yi-jae explained, placing her second piece next to her first one. "A.k.a me."

"I forgot how observant you were," Do-yeong admitted as his second piece went down on the board. "Do you know about this friend of Yeon-jin's moving back here recently?"

Yi-jae's eyebrows furrowed, "I'm afraid Yeon-jin never told me. Would I know them?"

"They are Ye-sol's new homeroom teacher," Do-yeong explained.

"Oh, Dong-eun!" Yi-jae smiled at the mention of the woman. "Yeon-jin is friends with her? Really?"

"Ye-sol says they're friends and they went to the same high school, but something has been telling me that Yeon-jin isn't happy to see her," Do-yeong revealed.

"I don't ever remember seeing Yeon-jin and Dong-eun together, despite them being in the same homeroom," Yi-jae recalled, though the memories were foggy by now. It had been 18 years. "What makes you think Yeon-jin doesn't like her? Dong-eun's a pretty decent person."

"Yeon-jin asked for Ye-sol to study abroad, and I believe she asked me this around a similar time to when Ye-sol got her new homeroom teacher," Do-yeong said. "And she's been keeping a closer eye on Ye-sol, recently. How do you know Dong-eun?"

"That's something I need Dong-eun's permission for before I can tell you," Yi-jae voiced. "I'll talk to her when I see her next, but she may be sensitive about the topic."

"I understand," Do-yeong said, placing another piece down.

Yi-jae's eyebrows furrowed, "Are you slowly moving towards me?"

Do-yeong smiled slightly, "I would've thought I could move around you."

"Sneaky," Yi-jae hummed. "I think I understand this game a little more now. It's a silent battle."

"You're learning quickly," Do-yeong praised. "See if you can start heading towards me too. That area you've made will become a target quickly."

"I feel betrayed," Yi-jae gasped quite dramatically, like in those dramas she used to watch before having kids.

Do-yeong hummed again, but a laugh came too.

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉