ʂρσυʂҽʂ

Sa-ra gulped down a large swig of milk, her mouth full of food as she spoke to Jae-jun on her phone with the speaker on. "The cops want me to come in for an interview. What do I do?"

"What do you mean? It's just an interview," Jae-jun remarked, as if Sa-ra had told him she was going for a job interview instead. "Why? Did you kill Myeong-o?"

"You think I did too?" Sa-ra grumbled before her eyes slightly widened at the thought. "Fuck me. Did I kill him?"

"Ah, what the hell are you on?" Jae-jun sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. A police officer was on his way to Siesta to talk to him, and this was one of the last things he'd wanted to do.

"I can't remember when I last saw him, or if we fought or we're good. I have no fucking clue," Sa-ra began to panic again, shoving food into her mouth and wrapping herself in a scarf as she did so. "Which is better? Committing murder or doing drugs? Just think. You could accidentally murder someone, but can you accidentally take drugs? That sounds weird, right?"

"Hanging up," Je-jun announced. "You're fucking annoying right now, Sa-ra."

"They call you too?" Sa-ra quickly said, stopping Jae-jun from hanging up. "When's your interview? Mine's next week."

"It's today," Jae-jun answered. A moment later, the door nearby was knocked upon. "Guess he's here. Come in!"

"Today?" Sa-ra repeated. "No, wait. Hey, put me on speaker. No, wait. Record it." Sa-ra then suddenly began to gag and cough. "I'm gonna hurl..."

"Stop it, okay?" Jae-jun said before hanging up the phone. He turned to the officer, "Please, sit. I'm a very busy man. I don't have time for the police."

"That's okay. It gives me an excuse to get out," the detective chuckled. "I called earlier. Detective Choi. Here's my card."

"Do you always look for missing adults?" Jae-jun asked.

"He's no longer a missing person," Detective Choi replied. "It's now a criminal case. It seems Mr Son may have been involved with narcotics. Do you remember the last time you saw Mr Son?"

"Not sure," Jae-jun shook his head. "Hasn't been to work in three weeks."

"He stopped coming to work? That didn't concern you?" Detective Choi asked.

"Honestly, he stopped coming in right as I was about to fire his ass," Jae-jun hummed. "Such a shit employee. It's so hard to fire someone nowadays."

"Yeah," Detective Choi nodded, understanding. "Do you remember anything else that might be helpful? Did he meet with someone around that time?"

"Before he was gone, there was someone who was desperately looking around for him," Jae-jun revealed.

"And who was that?" Detective Choi asked.

"Jaepyeong Group's owner, Ha Do-yeong. He even gave me his business card," Jae-jun said, handing over said card. "He had this kind of mad look there. I wonder why."

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

"Ms Sectrary, I have information on the motherfucker who's been fucking your boss' wife. So tell your boss to call me right now unless he wants to read about it online."

Yi-jae immediately recognised Myoeng-o's voice.

"And you're sure he's been confirmed missing?" Yi-jae asked Do-yeong, who had brought her the recording of Myeong-o calling Do-yeong's company on 17th October.