ɯԋαƚ σɳ ҽαɾƚԋ...

Jae-jun had been leaving his spa appointment when he was approached by his driver.

"Mr Jeon, someone dropped off a package for you," the driver said, offering the package over.

"To here?" Jae-jun said.

"Yes, sir," the driver nodded.

"Right here, on the street?" Jae-jun clarified as he took the package. The driver nodded again. "What's this, The Avengers?"

The package didn't even have his name on it, making Jae-jun even more confused. Oening it, Jae-jun found a pink toothbrush. Written on the handle of the toothbrush was the name of Yeon-jin's daughter.

HA YE-SOL

"What is this?" Jae-jun let out, beyond confused.

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

"Dong-eun asked you for money?" Yeon-jin repeated what Sa-ra had just revealed what happened to her at her church the Sunday prior. "How much does she want?"

"Don't know. She threw a bag at me and said to fill it up," Sa-ra sighed in annoyance as she slumped into a chair on the outdoor landing of her art studio. "Fuck, that bag is so fucking big! Shit..."

Jae-jun then appeared, wearing a white designer's outfit. He was looking directly at Yeon-jin as he spoke, "Why aren't you answering your phone?"

"When'd you call me?" Sa-ra asked, not even looking up at the man.

"Not talking to you," Jae-jun replied.

"So, then you... Did she not talk to either of you?" Sa-ra asked, referring to Dong-eun.

"It's not money she's after," Yeon-jin revealed with a huff, her arms crossed. "I tried to bribe her, but she didn't want any of it."

"Why isn't Myeong-o answering my calls?" Sa-ra grumbled as she stared at her phone. "Did you fire him?"

"That asshole wouldn't know if I had," Jae-jun remarked. "He's ignoring my calls. Her too."

"Do you remember what happened in high school?" Yeon-jin said to the two with her.

"How's Ye-sol doing?" Jae-jun suddenly asked. "Since you're here, who's watching her?"

Yeon-jin ignored Jae-jun's questions about her daughter, "What exactly did we even do to Dong-eun back then? Was it that bad?"

"She seriously didn't throw a bag at you two?" Sa-ra wanted to clarify. "Shit... She watches way too many movies. Fill it up with dollars? Fuck me!"

"Ye-sol must be in elementary school by now," Jae-jun continued to push. "Where at? Semyeong Elementary? Same one as my son, right?"

"What is she going to do to us to make us suffer like her?" Yeon-jin continued to question Dong-eun's motive.

"I never even got Ye-sol a gift. Which classroom is she in?" Jae-jun asked.

"Don't you have a daughter?" Yeon-jin remarked. "Get your own daughter into High School, then start worrying about your son. I'll take care of my daughter."

Sa-ra said nothing, taking an inhale of her cigarette and silently praising the Lord for never giving her kids.

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

18th October.

Yi-jae got the call while picking up Kyung-sam from school. She later wished she'd answered the call on her phone and not through the car.

"You know my husband is really angry at you, right?" Yi-jae sighed.

"He's always pissed off at me," Myeong-o replied.

"Yah, watch the language!" Yi-jae scolded. "Kyung-sam's in the car."

"Ahh," Myeong-o hummed. Yi-jae could practically see his smile. "How you doing, Captain Kyung-sam?"

"Not bad," Kyung-sam giggled. He liked it when Myeong-o called him Captain.

"What do you want, Myeong-o?" Yi-jae said. "You always call me when you need something from me. Is it to get you a lift home again?"

"No, I'm leaving," Myeong-o revealed. "To Russia. I trust you both won't go telling Jae-jun for the time being, as he's in his own pickle. Why don't you both and Mun-hee come with me?"

Yi-jae didn't ask about what trouble Jae-jun now seemed to be in. After witnessing him in hundreds of fights during High School, she had gotten used to it.

"And where exactly in Russia would we be going on such short notice?" Yi-jae relied. "And what about Jae-jun? No offence, Myeong-o, but you need to have kids before you understand how much of a hassle it is to get them from one country to another. Find someone else to join your trip."

"Suit yourself, but the offer will be open for another day or so," Myeong-o replied. "By the way, remember So-hee?"

Yi-jae never met So-hee, but she'd heard of her. A girl who supposedly killed herself not long after transferring.

"Why are you asking?" Yi-jae asked. "I never met her. I don't even remember ever seeing her when she was at our school, to be honest. That's all I can say. I need to go now, Myeong-o. Don't call me again unless you actually need help with something."

With that, Yi-jae hung up before Myeong-o could even say anything.

Yi-jae then looked at her son through the rearview mirror. "Don't say a word of this to anyone, Kyung-sam, do you understand?"

"Yes," Kyung-sam nodded. "Cross my heart."

"Good boy," Yi-jae nodded. "Now, let's go get Mun-hee and visit Grandpa, okay?"

"Grandpa's doggies!" Kyung-sam cheered, making Yi-jae chuckle.

Yi-jae, however, never imagined what would happen next. None of it.

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

"Did you file a report?" Yi-jae asked her husband.

Yi-jae and her kids had arrived home only ten minutes ago. The first thing Yi-jae discovered was that somebody had entered their home and ransacked Jae-jun's wardrobe. Everything else, however, was untouched.

"No," Jae-jun shook his head. "That would be one hell of a report. Myeong-o breaks in and only takes my clothes. Nothing else. Not the TV, not the laptops, tablets or phones. Not your jewellery or shoes or clothes. Just my clothes."

Yi-jae nodded, understanding. However, it didn't mean she wasn't worried. What if they came back? Then she realised what her husband had said.

"Wait, you think Myeong-o did this?" Yi-jae questioned.

"Who else would it be?" Jae-jun replied. "He knows the passcode, how to get around the house. Plus, he called me and said he was always with me. He was in my wardrobe while he phoned me, the little fucker!"

So Myeong-o had phoned Jae-jun too? Who else?

"Hey, language, Kyung-sam could hear you," Yi-jae sighed. "I know you're upset, but if it is Myeong-o, we can file a report against him and the police can begin a search for him."

Jae-jun nodded, "Alright, I'll go down later today and file a report."

A big, fat lie.