ƚԋҽ ƚɾυƚԋ ƈσɱҽʂ συƚ... ϝɾσɱ ʂσɱҽσɳҽ ҽʅʂҽ

"I was pretty excited when you asked me out for a meal," Hye-jeong said to Do-yeong, who sat opposite her at the table. In between them was a bag from a popular and quite expensive designer company. "I was curious about what you wanted. But I never imagined something like this would happen. What do you mean with it?"

"It doesn't mean much. It's like a fruit basket," Do-yeong answered. "I didn't want to come empty-handed. I asked Gyeong-tae for your number and what you liked. I hope you're not uncomfortable."

"I'm not uncomfortable, just nervous," Hye-jeong replied, smiling at the gift bag. "Your fruit basket is definitely my style."

"Do you know Moon Dong-eun?" Do-yeong asked as Hye-jeong took a sip of her drink. 

Hye-jeong choked on her drink, coughing as she tried to clear her airway.

"To be exact, I'd like you to tell me about the relationship between her and Yeon-jin," Do-yeong requested once Hye-jeong had calmed down slightly.

"How do you know Moon Dong-eun?" Hye-jeong asked.

"We play Go together," Do-yeong answered.

"Wow," Hye-jeong gasped a little, the gasp turning into a small, nervous laugh. "Wow. It's a small world. Does Yeon-jin know you're meeting me?"

"No, because I don't plan on telling her," Do-yeong's answer almost sounded cold. 

Hye-jeong's smile twitched with nervousness for a moment. She decided to just start from the beginning. "There's really not much to say about Yeon-jin and Dong-eun. We all went to the same high school, and Yeon-jin bullied Dong-eun while we were there."

"Was this bullying... like school violence?" Do-yeong asked.

"Wasn't like. It was exactly that," Hye-jeong replied. 

Do-yeong felt his heart pick up at a faster pace. "How exactly?"

"Badly," Hye-jeong answered. "It started with Yeon-jin wanting Dong-eun to clean the bathroom on her days to do it, as her previous victim had transferred to another school. When Dong-eun refused, the violence started. It was like that up until she dropped out. You can hear the rest from Yeon-jin. It's a pretty searing story."

"So Dong-eun wasn't the first one this happened to?" Do-yeong asked, surprised there were multiple.

"Sounds like you and your wife don't talk much," Hye-jeong chuckled. "So, try it out today. I've got to get going." Hye-jeong stood up and grabbed the bag, before facing Do-yeong again. "Can I ask you for a small favour? When you see Dong-eun, can you tell her I told you about all this stuff? Thank you."

"Answer one more thing for me," Do-yeong said, making Hye-jeong stop and turn around to face him. "Did Yi-jae ever know?"

Hye-jeong shook her head, "She was oblivious. There were times when I wondered if I should tell her about the kind of boy she was dating, but she seemed so happy with him, so I kept my mouth shut."

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

Do-yeong found himself walking through the Go section of the park after the meeting with Hye-jeong. He couldn't stop thinking about what she had said. 

And Yi-jae had been oblivious to the whole thing. How was he going to tell Yi-jae that her husband was a bad man? And what about her kids? One of them was only nine years old... and that made him think of Ye-sol. She was eight, even younger. Learning her mother was a bad person would tear the little girl apart; she looked up to her so much.