Chapter 13: "New gameplay"

(12.03.2035. Your house. Living room.)

3rd POV

Today was the day, when your ex-boyfriend is going to be judged and you're watching this process right now through the TV with Isabelle beside you.

Judge (TV): "15 years of prison!" He said it as he hit the table with his gavel. As the sentence was announced, everyone in the courtroom started to gather up their things.

Isabelle: "15 years, huh?" She asked it calmly.

Y/N: "It's a normal sentence for Utah, so I'm not surprised." You said it calmly as the TV was now showing some news about weather, crimes and other stuff that is normal for news on TV. "It's still hard to believe he did that." You said it in disbelief.

Isabelle: "I know how you feel, ma'am. It's hard to believe for me too." She said it calmly. "However, there is nothing we can do about it. What's done is done." She said it calmly.

Y/N: "Yeah, you're right." You said it calmly, but you feel this odd feeling that he doesn't deserve this. This feeling makes you think about it more and more, and Isabelle noticed this. She started massaging your shoulders, so you would calm down and wouldn't fill your head with questions, since today is your day off.

Isabelle: "Don't you worry, ma'am." She said it with the smile as she massaged your shoulders. "How about you go and play the game, so you could relax on your day off?" She asked it calmly as she stopped massaging your shoulders and looked at your face over your shoulder.

Y/N: "That's actually a good idea. Will do that. Thank you, Isabelle." You said it with the smile as you look at her.

Isabelle: "Not a problem, ma'am." She said it with the smile.

(Time skip. Your house. Basement.)

You were sitting at your table with laptop in front of you.

Y/N: "Okay. Let's what I have gathered about her." You said it as you opened a file with short information about Noelle Thompson, a.k.a. Nightmarionne. "Noelle Thompson, young college girl, who was studying for her to be psychotherapist." You said it calmly as I looked at the picture with her on it.

" You said it calmly as I looked at the picture with her on it

Y/N: "12 girls left." You said it yourself as you closed the laptop and leaned against the chair. "12 girls left. While it all started with 49." You said it in some sort of amazement and then looked at the VR glasses. You kept looking at for some time, before you took a deep breath in and stood up. You walked up to the wardrobe and quickly changed into your VR suit, and then walked up to the table. You started up the game on the computer, took the VR glasses, walked up to the chair and sat down on it. "Just 12 more to go." You said it calmly as you then put on the glasses.

(In game.)

Your POV

I quickly got in the main menu location, and pressed on the text 'Continue' on the monitor in front of me. I appeared in protagonist's room. I looked at the laptop and saw a text 'Chapter 5: Night 1,' and under it was a picture. On the picture, I could see some sort of elevator, which is unusual for me to see.