Chapter 16: "End of hide and seek"

A/N: Just a little heads up, nights in which (Y/N) will be trying to survive are and will be very, or even super short comparing to previous chapters' nights, since it's hard for me to make it interesting to read. Sorry for that, and please understand me. :(

________________________________________________________________________________

(Your house. Your room.)

3rd POV

You were sitting on the couch looking at the plush version of the Franny that you salvaged yesterday. In addition, her name was embroidered on the plushie's left feet, so now you know what to call her.

Y/N: "Molten Franny, huh? Why exactly molten? She didn't look like one, so why?" You asked it in confusion as you kept looking at the plushie. "Eh, who cares, at least she's cute." You said it as you placed the plushie to others. "46 plushies... How am I going to explain appearance of these to my family?" You asked it in some worry as you kept looking at this mini army. However, your staring was interrupted by your phone ringtone. "The hell?" You asked it in confusion as you walked up to the table, where your phone was laying. You picked it up and saw that it's your future sister-in-law, who is calling you, Shelby. "Hello?" You asked it calmly as you answered a call and placed phone close to your ear.

Shelby (Phone): "Hey there, (Y/N)! How are you doing?" She asked it excitedly.

Y/N: "Hey, Shelby. I'm pretty much okay. What about you?" You asked it calmly.

Shelby (Phone): "Oh, I'm doing just fine! Xavier is doing fine too, so don't worry about him overworking. I personally making sure of that." She said it with sly tone, and I already knew that she was smirking.

Y/N: "Okay, but let's not get into details, okay?" You asked it with little worry.

Shelby (Phone): "Not like I was planning to~. Anyway, you do remember that me, Xavier and your parents will visit you in like 3 days?" She asked it calmly, but also curiously.

Y/N: "Of course I do. It's even marked in my calendar." You said it in amusement, since you didn't expect Shelby to think that you'll forget something like that.

Shelby (Phone): "Okay, I was just making sure, since I heard from Xavier that you went through some troubles with Jack, and you might as well could forget about it due to stress." She said it in a gentle tone of voice. This made you smile.

Y/N: "Shelby, I appreciate your worry about me, but trust me, I'm okay now." You said it calmly as you then got an idea. "How about this, when you'll come here, we'll compete at who is the best at playing Mortal Kombat? How about it?" You said it with the smirk, knowing that she won't miss a challenge.

Shelby (Phone): "Oh, you're on! I'll make sure to beat you up with my new Kitana strat!" She said it determinedly.

Y/N: "Oh, really? Then be prepared, because I'll destroy this strat with Scorpion's kunai." You said it with the same determined tone.

Shelby (Phone): "We'll see about that in 3 days, just you wait!" She said it determinedly and a few seconds of silence later, you both giggled. "God, (Y/N), you're going to be the best sister-in-law in the future." She said it as she stopped giggling.

Y/N: "Glad to hear that, but I wouldn't mind to become an auntie too~." You said it with the teasing tone, and your words seems like made Shelby flustered.

Shelby (Phone): "Oh, shut it!" She said it with some barely hearable stutter.

Y/N: "Did I just hear you stutter?" You said it teasingly.

Shelby (Phone): "No, you're not! Anyway, I need to go, bye!" She said it in worried hurry, before hanging up.

You: "He-he, that was quicker than the last time." You said it with the smirk. You the putted away your phone in your pocket and looked back at your plushy mini army. "I should go and write down that Nicole is Molten Franny in my list." You said it calmly as you then walked out from your room.