Martha's Declaration of Love

Dearest D

I'm so happy. I've never been this happy. It was a life-changing trip in so many ways. I loved seeing all those paintings for real. Now I understand why you were keen for us to go there. You can imagine the artists at work making those actual brushstrokes. Seeing the paintings up close gave me chills, but it was also a little intimidating. When I was in the Sorolla room, I was transfixed. I could never paint that well. Such an incredible feeling.

Driving around London was really interesting. It's unbelievably busy, isn't it? How did our driver keep his cool in that crazy traffic? Would you drive in that? I'd never want to drive there myself. I did love all the old buildings jammed in together, though I wish we'd had more time to go to places like the Natural History Museum, or to explore some of the parks. They looked magnificent.

But none of that came close to how I felt when you came into the Sorolla room and sat beside me. It was amazing to be close to you in the gallery, even though it was only a few minutes. When we touched, it felt like electricity went through me – in a good way! Did you feel it?

We have got to know each other well through these letters, but I want to get to know you for real. The gallery gave me a taste of that and how sweet it could be. Couldn't we meet? There are quiet places nobody goes to. No one would ever know.

I know you will say it is crossing a line and is the wrong thing to do, but how can it be wrong when being together feels so right?

I think that's from a song I've heard, So I'm probably getting too cheesy right now... I'd better sign off!

Mxox

P.S. Say you'll do it. Just tell me where and when and I'll be there.

P.P.S. I love you.