Episode 8 - PAMA

~CRYSTAL P.O.V

Jesse and I rushed up the stairs, spotting a lady snooping around in a chest. We hid behind the trap doors that acted as the door while we watched her. "Ah, hah ha, yes yes, there you are, that's the ticket," the lady muttered, pulling out the same device on the zombie's head.

Our eyes widened, the two of us exchanging a look before we looked back at the women. We slowly crept into the room as she kept digging through the chest. "Oh, these are perfect. Excellent!"

I set a hand on my hip. "Funny. I'm guessing those don't belong to you," I stated as the lady stood up, holding several devices.

She looked back at us, her eyes widening while she leapt up in the air, screaming as the devices fell back into the chest. The lady took a few steps back. "That you, PAMA?"

Jesse and I looked at her in confusion. "What?" the two of us said in unison.

The lady looked taken aback, seemingly not expecting that response. "Okay then. Okay... Who sent you?" she questioned, glancing around a bit. "I didn't survive this long to get picked off by some scrubs. Especially some weird dressed little scrubs like you two,"

"Whoa! Hey! Calm down!" I told her, holding my hands up.

"Yeah, would you chill out already? You're freaking us out!" Jesse added.

"YOU'RE freaking out? How do you two think I'm doing right now?" she shouted, causing us to look away. "Wait. You're serious, aren't you?"

"Yep," I replied, the two of us nodding.

The lady started to pace around in a circle. "Okay, eyes... Not red. NOT red... But that must mean... But how?" she exclaimed as Petra, Lukas, and Ivor walked in and stood close to us. She froze when she spotted the three. "And there are more of you? This should be... It's... Impossible! Out with it - who are you people? What's going on here?"

"I'm sensing some hostility," Ivor commented.

Petra rolled her eyes. "Oh? What was your first clue?" she sarcastically questioned back.

"What was that name before? 'Pa Ma?'" Lukas asked, pulling out his journal.

"I know it might sound crazy, but we came here through a portal-"

"A portal?" she cut Jesse off, creeping closer. "A PORTAL, portal? Really?" she asked. When Jesse nodded in response, she stepped away with her hands on her head. "Okay. Okay, okay, okay, okay, uh... Been alone for a while so this is a lot to take in right now..."

When she paused to cross her arms, she looked back to us while Ivor looked through a different chest. "The people - the citizens of Crown Mesa. You've met them, right? Maybe there were some outside?" the lady pushed further.

"Okay. Out with it. What's going on with these people? What is up with this town?" I questioned.

The lady walked over to me and set a hand on my shoulder. "I know it's probably hard to understand right now, but... If you meet any more people - please don't hurt them. They're my friends... They're good people. I promise," the lady told me before she looked down. Suddenly, she froze in fear, her eyes wide as she started backing away. "Oh. Oh, oh no, no, no. I've wasted too much time!"

"Uh, Chrissy? Jesse?"

I looked over to Lukas to see him pointing toward a window. "Don't look now, but we've got company!" he warned. 

Jesse and I walked over to the window and spotted five people heading toward us. "Is this what you were scared of? There are only five of them, and six of-"