Episode 8 - Into PAMA's Core

~LUKAS P.O.V

Getting back to the town was easier than it seemed, getting into/through it - on the other hand - was harder than a rock in a hard place, or a needle in a haystack. But we managed to get up the stairs with no trouble, Jesse walked out first, checking to see if the coast was clear of PAMA's chipped followers.

"Come on," Jesse motioned us to follow him.

Keeping low to the ground, we ran at the right moments to avoid being seen. But had to stop when a spider came toward us. "Quick -- hide!" I hissed, the four of us diving for a place to hide.

Once the spider went past our hiding spot, Ivor turned to Jesse with a glare. "Where is the entrance to this 'PAMA Core' anyway?" he hissed.

We all sat up as Jesse looked over to the mobs in the distance. "On the other side of all these of all these mobs..." he whispered/informed us.

"There are so many of them!" Ivor whispered in disbelief.

"You guys have anything we can use?" Jesse asked.

Slowly, we all took out items that we could use to get past the mobs. Jesse picked up one of the items, which was the flowers that Harper gave me. "Is that... Isn't that the flower that I gave to 'Harry' back in the lab?" Jesse asked.

Ivor's face flushed red slightly. "What? I thought maybe Harper might want it back... Or maybe I could keep it..."

"Yeah, you can keep it," Jesse replied, handing it back to Ivor. "I can't think of any way for it to help us here,"

He picked up one of my cookies. "Lukas, where did you even get these?" 

I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. "Oh, I found them in one of those worlds we explored back there," I explained.

"Nice. Unfortunately, I don't know how helpful they'll be," Jesse stated, handing the cookie back to me.

Jesse picked up the sticks that Petra laid out. "Hmm. Sticks. Not sure how they're going to help us out though," he muttered, handing them back to her. 

He picked up two potions, which belonged to Ivor. "These are my last two potions from home," Ivor started explaining as Jesse handed them back. "I held onto them after our Sky City adventure. A potion of swiftness... And... A potion of leaping,"

"These might come in handy," Jesse commented before looking down and picking up TNT. "When is TNT not useful?"

"When you're trying to get through a TNT booby trap?" I suggested.

"When Axel's using it for the wrong reasons?" Petra added.

Jesse sighed, putting the TNT in his inventory. "Good point," he agreed, picking up the button. "Cool, buttons can activate TNT, but I still need some way to connect them together,"

"How about the redstone?" I suggested, handing it to him.

"Right, thanks," he thanked, putting it into his inventory. "We got TNT... Some redstone dust... And a button. All I have to do is lay down a trail of this TNT, use the redstone dust as a fuse, stick a button to the end, push it and boom! Path closed!"

"That's great and all, but how are you going to lay down all that TNT and redstone without super zombies attacking from every direction?" Petra questioned.

"Yeah... Along with all the other mobs and people?" I added.

Jesse glanced over to Ivor with a smirk. "These should do the trick!"

"Choose, Jesse - quickly, now! The possibilities... Are endless! Well... Not endless. But still - two very good possibilities!" Ivor explained.

"I'm gonna go for the potion of leaping!" Jesse told him.