Episode 9 - Start Of The Games

~CRYSTAL P.O.V

We headed over to Ivor, who was sitting down by the food area, contemplating something. "Ivor! Everything going okay?" I asked while Jesse and I sat across from him.

"Yes... I was just thinking to myself that if this place were a touch less... Mandatory, it could almost be fun," Ivor explained. "I admit I did have some fun in that Spleef tournament. I just don't want to be forced into fun and games,"

"Totally agree. The actual game was fun. It just stuck that all of this has to be part of it," Jesse agreed.

"Yeah, 100%," I added.

"Though their architecture is magnificent," Ivor commented.

"We need to keep looking for Lukas and Petra," I concluded, getting up. 

Jesse and Ivor did the same thing. "Right. Enough of this talking about feeling nonsense," Ivor brushed off before he walked off.

"Come on, let's get that wood by the Dojo," Jesse said.

"Yeah, then we can finally get Petra and Lukas out of the mines," I agreed.

We walked over to the Dojo, to talk to the women who hopped over the wood planks. 'Hm. Some sort of practice space. Looks like everyone's working hard,' I thought to myself.

The two of us got to the Dojo. The woman spotted us - who was the one who yelled at us about the rules - and stopped exercising. "Um... Hey," Jesse greeted hesitantly.

She sat down, pulling out two iron ingots to exercise her arms. She glared at Jesse. "You're the one that eliminated the one decent member of my team," she hissed, causing said teammate to look away. "I'll barely be able to get through to the next round. I mean, I know I'm good at this, but not that good,"

"Hey, no hard feelings. We didn't know what we had gotten into. Let's just move past this," I tried to calm the situation down.

"No, I will eliminate you both next round and make you two suffer. It'll be fun for me,"  she spoke before she paused for a moment. "Next round, if I don't get either of you... One of the Gladiators will. You haven't been here long so you wouldn't know... But the Gladiators are trained for everything. And they are completely under Hadrian's control,"

"Well then, good luck, Em. I know that the best person will win," Jesse wished.

Wait, how the hell did he catch her name?

Em's eyes widened for a moment before a smirk grazed her lips. "Seriously?... You know you're looking at the best person. I feel kinda bad for you two and your friends - Most of us got snatched against our wills but you all got tricked into coming WILLINGLY. That Old Builder should've told you these games were impossible,"

"Looks like Tim won," I observed.

"Yeah, Tim," Em mused suspiciously. She got up from her seat. "Yeah, well. Good luck with getting home,"

She walked off and the other teammate followed her. "Well, now that she's gone, we can use the wood," I commented.

"Yeah, I'll get them," Jesse nodded, walking up the steps. He punched four wood planks and put them in his inventory. "There. That should be enough for a table,"

We headed to the side of the Dojo and Jesse constructed the crafting table using the wood planks. "That's some fine crafting," I commented.

Jesse stepped aside. "All yours, C,"

"Thanks, Jess," I thanked him, stepping up to the table. "Let's make some food!"

Once I placed the three wheat on the table, it transformed itself into bread. "Boom baby! Bread. Now we should be able to get our friends back!" I said, putting it in my inventory, and turning to Jesse.