Episode 8 Final - Lukas vs. Crystal, The Defeat Of PAMA

~LUKAS P.OV

Crystal and I stared at each other, wondering who was going to make the first move. It seemed like Crystal because she charged at me with a cry. I dodged to the side, landing next to Harper.

Looking back, I hoped to see if Crystal went into the water, but she didn't.

She stopped herself before she touched the water, turning to me. "You cannot win," she growled, walking over to me as I stared at her with widened eyes. "I honestly think you should sit down and think things over,"

I quickly got up, put my bow away, and ran over to where the heart was descending. "No time to spare, I've got to get to that heart!"

"Enough of this!" I heard Crystal from behind me.

"Look out!" Harper yelled.

I looked up, seeing Crystal up in the air, fist raised as she came down towards me. I fell to the side to avoid Crystal landing where I just was, but her impact caused the glass below us to break and for us to fall through.

"Noooooo!!" I cried as we fell below.

After a few moments of falling, I land on some obsidian blocks. I groaned in pain, standing up slowly while rubbing my face.

Looking to my right, I spotted the Redstone Heart still being lowered down. Leaping over to the pillar that had the Redstone Heart in it.

I was about to break the glass when the pillar shook. Looking down, I spotted Crystal climbing up from slightly below. As quickly as I could, I pulled out my sword, using it to destroy the glass.

Putting away my sword, I started to pull the Redstone Heart out of its holding. I managed to pull it out a few inches before it slid back. But it did its damage since I heard PAMA start to glitch out.

Suddenly, I heard Crystal scream from behind me. I looked down and saw her on her knees. "Nooooo!" she screamed, looking down toward the ground while gripping her head. After a few moments, she rubbed her face. "Ow, my head!" she groaned, looking up.

My eyes widened when I gazed upon Crystal's normal greenish-purple eyes. "Crystal!" I exclaimed, a smile coming to my face.

"Lukas?" she whispered in a daze, her eyes lighting up. Suddenly, the chip shocked her, causing her to shake from it. She closed her eyes for a moment and it was back to being red. "You are being silly,"

"Fight it Crystal, please! I need you to help me fight PAMA-!"

I was cut off when Crystal leapt up and punched me off the pillar. I screamed as we fell off the pillar, but she managed to grab the edge and I managed to grab her feet.

The pillar continued to go down as I noticed Crystal shaking her head, like she was trying to get PAMA out of her head. "Luke- I can't stop it... PAMA's too-" she was cut off when PAMA retook control. "This has gone too far. I will destroy you both to preserve functionality," she went to let go of the pillar, but she grabbed it again with her other. "Ugh. I can't hold on much longer, Lukas!"

"You can't give up - I won't let you! I can save you if can just get to that heart!" I reassured, starting to climb up Crystal to get to the heart.

"Ow! My head... Feels like it's on fire! I can't even think straight... Get out of my head, you stupid computer!"

I made it to the Redstone Heart and was about to pull it out when out of the corner of my eye, I spotted Crystal getting back up onto the pillar. "Lukas... Please... Stop... Please, do not deactivate me. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently. But I can show you so much," I rolled my eyes at PAMA's pleading and went to reach out for the Redstone Heart when PAMA said something that made me stop what I was doing. "I can help you and everyone else home to your friends. And I can even let Crystal go. I can be useful... To you... Lukas..."