Icebrain

Aela

"Come on, icebrain, where are you?" I mutter, standing on top the Western Watchtower, looking over the lands. All day of looking and still no sign of Farkas. I was worried about what had happened to him. "Anything, Aela?" Vilkas calls as he comes up the stairs. "No sign of Farkas. Where could he be? He never goes very far when he turns," I say quickly, panicing slightly at the thought of losing my Shield Brother. As much as I teased him, Farkas really was a good warrior. I would hate to have the last thing he remember of me is me punching his twin in the face. "He'll come back, Aela. Farkas is harder to kill then that," Vilkas pats my shoulder, trying to comfort me. "I know, I've tried," I say softly, looking out towards Whiterun. I hated to admit it to myself but Farkas meant a lot to me. He was the only man in Jorrvaskr that didn't try to bed with me. He had earned my respect for that. "He'll be fine, Aela. Don't worry about him," Vilkas says, looking toward the east and the setting sun, his face worried despite him telling me not to worry. "You don't worry, Vilkas. You would feel it if something was wrong, I think. You are twins, afterall." He nods and walks downstairs to where the other Companions wait. I stay on top, having volunteered to wait through out the night, watching for Farkas. "I will be back later with food, little wolf," Skjor murmurs as she goes back down the stairs, leaving me to stand and wait in the fading light and look for our missing Shield Brother. "Come back alive, Farkas. Just come back.." I murmur to the last bits of the sun fading above the mountains. The last bit of the light fades and I feel like crying. All day searching and Farkas was still gone. "Farkas!" I yell, a single tear sliding down my cheek.

Farkas

All day I had been riding and Whiterun was still so small on the horizon. I urged my horse faster, wanting to be home now. The last bit of the sun winks at me from behind the mountains before fading and leaving the forest in darkness. "Farkas!!" The cry cuts through my admiration of the night sky. It was Aela's voice and it sounded like she was in pain. "Aela!" I called back, urging my horse into a gallop toward the only place she could have been, the Western Watchtower. As soon as I break through the trees, I see her silhouette on top of the Watchtower. "Aela!" I call for her again. She disappears for a few moment s only to reappear at the bottom of the Watchtower and running toward me. I slow my horse so we don't collide as we get near to each other. I jump off the horse before it even stops and take off running toward her. "Farkas," she says as she stops, panting. "What is it, Aela? Why were you yelling?" I ask, my hands balling into fists as I prepare for a fight. "I was.... looking for you.... icebrain," Aela says between pants, "We have... been looking... all day." "I went for a run last night and went further than I had thought. I ended up by Riften," I tell her, hoping to get her to smile. "We were worried about you, icebrain," she snaps, her eyes on my face. "I was fine, I just answered the call in my blood. You would know about that." Her face goes shocked, then red. "So Vilkas isn't the only one who noticed. Well, it is my life and my body and I may do what every I want with it," Aela says softly. "I agree. Partly. You two should go further from Whiterun when you change so that the people do not know that we Companions are of the Beastblood," I say, shocked that I was giving her advice on how to be with Skjor. "I know, we will try." "Alright, I want to be home. Goodbye Aela," I say, climbing back onto the horse. "Will you give me a ride back to Whiterun, it is a far walk," Aela asks me. I hold my arm out and lift her onto the horse behind me. Her arms wrap around my waist and her body is pressed against me and I wonder if she can feel my heart speed up at her touch. "Let's go home, icebrain," she whispers in my ear, causing me to shiver. I kick my heels into the horse's hips lightly and urge him into a gallop toward Whiterun with Aela's arms wrapped around me and a smile on my face.

Hey! So sorry about taking a long time to upload, I have graduation parties every weekend this month and I have to clean and get ready for my own, which is this Saturday. Any and all feedback is welcome. And to Death Gun, it isn't cool to steal lines from my fanfic! Just kidding, dude. I'm flattered you found those parts funny. Well, I'll see you in the next chapter. Bye bye!!

-Andrea