What Awaits

Baiasma

I sigh as I follow my map to where the Glenmoril Witches are, hoping to find and kill them quickly. My conversation with Kodlak still plays in my head. The Harbinger of the Companions, not wanting to be a werewolf anymore? It made no sense to me. Maybe because I am not a Nord. Their obsession with Soverngarde made no sense to me. I sigh and shake my head, entering the cave. Almost immediately, the witches, nasty Hagravens, attack me. I slaughter them all, taking their heads, my fur matted with their blood and my sword arm sore from the fight. "This should please Kodlak..." I put their heads in my bag and leave the cave after looting their bodies and everything else I can find. I get on the horse that Kodlak let me borrow and begin my trek back to Whiterun, knowing it would be a long journey. I lean forward against the horse's neck and go to sleep, tired from battle.

A few hours later...

I wake up outside of Whiterun, in the plains that surround it, the big drops of rain having woke me up. I groan, kicking the horse into a gallop to avoid the rain, hating how the cold seeped into my armor and fur and never seemed to go away. I missed Elsweyr with all of my heart but Skyrim had one thing that Elsweyr never had, love. Vilkas was here, in cold, wet Skyrim and that is where I will stay until he tells me he no longer wants me. I get off of my horse at the stables and run to the gate, visions of Vilkas running through my head as I do. I walk up to Jorrvaskr and am shocked by what I see. Athis is injured and... Kodlak is dead? Vilkas looks at me and growls wordless aggression. "Where were you?!" I flinch at his anger. "Kodlak sent me on a mission..." Vilkas points to Kodlak's dead body, looking at me with rage filled black eyes. "Well, I hope it was worth it because you weren't here to protect him." He gives me a look of disgust before walking away. My heart breaks in that moment and I just stare after him. Farkas and Tovar pick up Kodlak's body to prepare it for the pyre and Njada sees to Athis' wounds. I stand there, looking at the damage caused and tears run down my face, soaking into my fur. 'This is all my fault.' I think before I run out of Jorrvaskr into the rain.

Farkas

Kodlak dead, Aela still gone, Vilkas raging around in the Underforge, Baiasma somewhere out in the torrential rain, and the few pieces of Wuuthrad stolen. Could this day get worse for the Companions? I certainly hope not.. Tovar and I put Kodlak's body in his bed to be clenaed and prepared for the funeral pyre. Tears streamed down my face and I made no move to wipe them away. This man had been like a father to me for as long as I can remember but now he was gone. An empty shell with nothing left that I loved. I had no time to say goodbye, no way of knowing that it could be my last moment of speaking with him. Now he was gone and I would never get a chance to tell him how much he meant to me. I take one last look at his body and leave, brushing the tears away. Someone needed to get us in order and prepare retaliation on the Silver Hand. We should wipe them out, no surrender, no mercy, no prisoners. Remove the threat to our family. I go upstairs and find Ria. "Find all the Companions and bring them here. I would prefer if you found the Circle first but have them all meet here, at the table. We have much to do and much to discuss." I left her with that and walk out, heading toward the Temple of Kynareth. Danica Pure-Spring could help us prepare Kodlak's body. I walk through the pounding rain, unaffected, thanking my ancestors for their thick skin that held off the cold. As soon as I am in the temple, I can smell the sick and wounded within and the smell of healing potions and alchemy ingredients. I hated the smell but I bared it as I went to find the priestess. "Farkas? Did you need something?" Danica asks me. I look into her face, hoping the news wasn't written all over my face. "I need your help preparing a body for a pyre." Her face falls and she nods. "Who?" I close my eyes as I whisper the name, "Kodlak Whitemane." Her audible gasp of shock makes every head turn our way. "Kodlak? No. Please tell me you're jesting, Farkas.." Even with her words, I knew that she knew it was true. "I'll be there soon." I nod and leave, heading back to Jorrvaskr. Maybe Ria had gotten all of the Companions together by now.

Aela

'You are with child...' The words kept playing through my head once I had calmed down and reverted by to my human form. "It probably isn't good for the baby, turning into a werewolf.." I mutter to myself, shivering slightly as the rain hit my naked body. Heading back to Whiterun in the rain, naked, while pregnant probably wasn't good for the child within me either but I did not care. I carried Skjor's child but.. the child would never know their father. No child should grow up without a father. I would never want my child to grow up without their father. "Hircine, help me find my correct path. Please," I pray. I get no answer, and I don't expect to. I know Hircine will expect me to make my own path and chose my own way. It was his way and it was also mine. I stop at my and Skjor's bedding and grab my cloak, pulling it over my body. I could not walk into Whiterun naked and soaked. And I couldn't do that to my body and my baby. I ran my hand across my flat, clothed stomach, closing my eyes before starting to walk again. My and Skjor's child. I smile slightly at the thought. Neither Skjor nor I wanted children but knowing that we had created one... the thought made me happy. I would always have a part of Skjor with me. I leave the bedding and head toward Whiterun, a smile on my face. If only I knew what awaited me when I returned home.

Well, there is another chapter over. And Kodlak is now dead... This chapter was harder to write then Skjor's death but it was a great challenge as a writer. Also, I have a HUGE surprise for you but.... it'll be a while before you get to know what it is. I'm really excited about it though. I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Bye bye!!!

-Andrea