An Announcement

Aela (one month later)

Even with Baiasma's help, it is getting harder to mask my pregnancy, especially with my dress I normally wear. The sickness has mostly passed and with it's passing, I gained more problems. My chest, stomach, and appetite grow steadily. I can barely control my mood and the Beast within me. By Danica's guess, I am around five months pregnant. And I have finally decided that I am going to tell the other Companions...
"Guys, c'mon, gather around here, I need to speak with you," I say, trying to get everyone's attention. It's probably the first time I've been upstairs in two weeks. "Guys! Aela is talking, pay attention," Baiasma's says, getting everyone's attention. I nod to her and stand up, keeping my arms crossed over the growing bump in my stomach and look out among my fellow Companions, unable to not notice the missing ones. I swallow and say, "I guess the only easy way to say this is to just say it. I'm pregnant." Njada chuckles and Tovar raises and eyebrow, looking at my stomach. Baiasma smiles at me. "C'mon, Aela, do you think us stupid? You're not pregnant," Njada says in her normal, cocky voice. I raise and eyebrow and uncross my arms, reaching back and tightening my dress to where it shows the bump of my stomach. Her mouth drops open. "Vilkas, you were right about Skjor and I. We were lovers. I became pregnant before he died and just recently found out. I couldn't keep it from you guys anymore, you're my family." Everyone comes over and congratulates me, patting my shoulder and rubbing my stomach. The only thing that keeps me from snapping is the look on Baiasma's face. She looks completely amused at my discomfort and I know she will laugh at me if I snap at them, so I just stand there and tolerate them. "Alright, alright, you're all crowding Aela out now, relax," Baiasma says after a few agonizingly slow minutes. Before anyone can say anything else, there is a knock on the door of Jorrvaskr. Vilkas answers it and comes back, handing me a letter. "It's from Farkas," he tells me softly. I smile, opening it.

Dearest Secunda,
Hammerfell is much different than Skyrim. Sand and deserts cover so much of what I have seen. The people here have curved swords too and wear cloth around their head. With each day I get nearer to the temple ruins, but further from you and I would rather walk through a pit of Frostbite Spiders than be this far from you. I wonder on the baby. Does it pain you? Are you two safe? Can you even tell that you carry a child within you? I have been thinking over names while I make my way to the temple, when I'm not thinking of you. I think you should name the baby after it's father. But it is your baby and you can name it what you wish. And I think of you so often. What you could be doing and how beautiful you are and how I thank our Lord and all of the Divines that you even tolerate me. I've loved you for so long and it all feels like a dream. I count the seconds away from you in hopes that they go faster and I can be with you once more. So, how are you all? Mostly, I wonder on you, but how is my brother and his lady and the others? Do N and A still fight every day or have they stopped trying to convince everyone they hate each other? And T, my favorite whelp, does he still drink more than an entire party of Nords a day? Tell me everything, my dear Secunda, so I can act as if I saw and heard them all for myself. I wanna know it all, everything. And I'll tell you everything what happens here. Which isn't much now. Mostly just riding toward where our Lord pointed out the temples are. And sleeping when I can. And missing you with every second. Well, I guess that's all. I'll send this out at the next town I come to. I'll see you soon.
Your Masser.

"What does it say?" Njada asks as I finish it. I smile and shrug,"Things for me. How did you know it was from Farkas, Vilkas?" He laughs, "You would think that I know my twin's writing?" I nod, tucking the letter into my boot, unable to keep from smiling. Njada, Tovar, and Athis exchange a look. "Skjor's child, you say?" Tovar asks. I nod, raising an eyebrow. He nods, then shrugs, going to get another mead. I stand, stretching my aching back and go downstairs to my room. I was ready to write back to my Masser.

Ta-da! The love letter has been an idea since I first decided to write this fanfic in May. And I tied in the title of the fanfic into the letters. And Farkas wrote in code so that if it fell into other's hands that they wouldn't be able to read it. That's all. Bye bye!

-Andrea