Back Home

Six months later...
Farkas

After so long of searching, I finally found all of the pieces of the Mace. I had quite a few new scars and my hair was singed off in a few places and I now had a beard. But I was done. My mission for Hircine was finished. I put the pieces of the Mace together and that was when I heard the voice, his voice. "Ah, I knew you could do it, Wolf man." "Hircine. Yes, I did it. The Mace is together and I have done as you asked. Take the Mace and return me to Skyrim, please," I say, forcing myself to ask him. "Of course, once I get the Mace." He says, holding his ghostly hand out. I look at the Mace then shrug, handing it to him. Hircine smiles and takes it, the Mace disappearing into thin air. He waves his hand at me in a 'shoo' motion and my vision goes black and I drop.

"Farkas, wake up," a voice calls to me. A very familiar voice. I open my eyes to red hair and a beautiful face. Aela. "Aela?" She laughs and kisses me. "Of course it's me. How did you end up here? On the steps of Jorrvaskr? Your last letter said you were almost at the last temple." I put my hand on her cheek. "I did it. Got the Mace and gave it to Hircine. He sent me home as a reward," I say as I sit up, my eyes widening at the sight of Aela's large stomach. "It's good that he did. After all, Aela doesn't have long to go before she has her child and I hoped that your brother and I could get married soon," Baiasma says from the doorway, leaning against Vilkas. If it was possible, I think my eyes widened more. "Married?" I ask, looking at the two of them. Vilkas nods, smiling at Baiasma. The love between them was obvious and I had never seen my brother look so happy. "I'm happy for the two of you," I tell them, laying back down against the bed, turning back to Aela. "I missed you," she murmurs softly, gently touching my bearded cheek. I put my hand over hers, "I missed you too." Vilkas makes a gagging sound and Baiasma snorts, though I give them both a dirty look, then laugh. I had missed them all. I hadn't been able to make it back to Skyrim after Hammerfell, just had gone to Valenwood, Black Marsh, and the Summerset Isles to retrieve the rest of the Mace. Seven months without seeing my family; seven month of constant battles, more travelling than I have done in my entire life, and more injuries than I would care to admit. "I missed you all," I say, fighting some tears. Perhaps finally being home made me emotional. "We missed you too, brother," Vilkas says, walking over and putting a hand on my shoulder. Baiasma does the same, putting her hand on Vilkas'. Athis, Njada, Tovar, Ria, Vignar, even Eorlund and his wife was around my bed. I smiled, looking around at my extended family, feeling the happiest I had felt in a long time. I would soon have a sister in my family, the woman I love loves me back, and, despite losing two of our family, the Companions were thriving. I yawn, curling into the bed, closing my eyes. It had been so long since I had slept in an actual bed, I wouldn't keep my eyes open any longer. "You'll be here when I wake up?" I ask Aela. "Of course. I will be from now on," she tells me, kissing my forehead. I go to sleep with a smile on my face.

Aela

Having Farkas home was amazing, though all he had done since he got back was slept. I'd spent every second by his bed, feeling his muscles, his hair, his skin, and new scars. He was finally back and safe and I wouldn't have to worry about him every day now. And soon I would be having my child, as Baiasma had said, and I wanted Farkas there. He may not be the baby's father, but he is my love and the closest thing my baby would have to a father, I hope. "Aela?" Farkas asks from the bed. I turn and look at him. "Yeah?" He sighs softly, laying back against the bed and closing his eyes. "Nothing, I thought I had dreamed that I was home and I was far from you again." I sit in the bed with him, placing my hand on his. "You're really here. I'm really here. I promise, my love." He grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him. "Lay with me, Aela. Please," he asks. I smile and lay next to him, laying my head against his chest. Farkas sighs again and is asleep within seconds. I curl into him, laying on my side against him so my back doesn't hurt and go to sleep in the arms of the man I love once again, for the first time in a very long time.