Friends

Baiasma

"Just... be careful. We have already lost a member of the Circle and I don't wish to have to light another pyre, Baiasma," Vilkas says as I gather some things for my mission with Aela. "Vilkas, my Shield Brother, I will return to Jorrvaskr unharmed. I promise this. You do not have to worry over me because I am the newest member of the Circle and the Companions. Aela needs my help." I turn to look at the Nord who I was madly in love with. "I... Alright. I'm sorry that I doubted you," he smiles slightly at me, "Would you like me to help you gather your things? A distraction from Skjor's absence would be nice." I force myself not to smile. "Thank you for the offer but I believe I have got this." His face falls slightly in disappointment, which makes me want to hug him against my chest and comfort him, but he nods, "Alright. Good luck, Baiasma. Return safely." He gives me one final smile and pats my shoulder before leaving my room. I sigh heavily and smile, gently touching where the warmth from his hand still was. "You truly love him," Aela's voice comes from my doorway. "He is a gentle man, for a warrior." "He and his brother both are. Gentle but fierce. A unique combination. Are you ready?" I nod, lifting my bag onto my back. "Aye, I am ready. And Farkas is a kindhearted person. For a silly brute." "Good. Are you ready for the slaughter? And enough about the brothers, we should be preparing for a fierce fight." Aela asks me with a fierce smile. "Aye." I smile back. She takes my hand and leads me out of Jorrvaskr, towards the hideout of the Silver Hand. As we look upon the hideout, I feel my Beast Blood call out to the dead Wolves whose heads rest upon pikes outside of it and my blood boils in rage. I will avenge my brothers. My skin roils as I feel the change coming onto me. I roar out in anger, feeling the trees around us shake and quake from the force of my call.

Aela

I glance back at Baiasma and smile, seeing the bloodlust and burning rage in her eyes. That was exactly what I needed. She ripples and then shifts into a big, white wolf. "Easy, Shield Sister. I am your friend." I murmur the words softly, trying not to be mauled by her. She growls softly but dips her head in acknowledgement. "Thank you, White Wolf. Now, let's go kill them all!" She gives me what can only be described as a wolfy smile and runs into the hideout, tearing the door off of the hinges. "Damn..." I mutter as I follow her, laughing. I follow the slaughter she left behind and search for my own Silver Hand to kill. I leave my bow on my back and fight with my dagger, savoring the pleasure and feeling of close kills and watching the light leave their eyes. I lose myself into the slaughter, not feeling, seeing, or hearing anything but what pleased me most, the death of the wretched Silver Hand."Aela. Aela! AELA!!" The calling voice pulls me back to reality. "Y-Yes?" I ask softly, my senses coming back to me. I am crouched in a room, holding my head and dagger in my hands, covered in blood, some mine though most not, shaking. Baiasma softly touches my shoulder, "They're all dead. You were... It was scary to watch." I look up into her yellow eyes and then throw my arms around her neck, shaking harder. "I'm losing myself, Baiasma. I'm merely a shadow of the Aela that I was when Skjor was alive. I'm... dying inside. I never got to say goodbye. My last memory of him is his body lying on that floor. I can't..." The words pour out of me along with sobs and it is like something inside me breaks and there are finally tears streaming down my face. Baiasma looks shocked at the waterworks but holds me as I cry. She holds me until I gain control of myself. I pull away from her and wipe my eyes. "I-I'm sorry about that. That isn't me. I'm not usually a milk drinker like that. I don't whine or cry." Baiasma laughs. "I would love to see someone call you a milk drinker. And crying, there is nothing wrong with it. Especially when you consider you just lost your warrior, lover, playmate, and friend." I smile at her and allow her to pull me to my feet. "I am glad to have made a friend of such a fierce and yet wise woman." "And I am glad that I have made a friend from such a unique and strong woman, even if she is a Nord," Baiasma says with a joking smile. "Nords are the best, cat." I reply with a small smile, stepping over the carnage to leave the hideout and return home. I glance back and then sigh, touching where my heart rests. "I will find your justice and then my peace, my dear."

Boom! Aela has feelings! Who would have thought it? Just kidding. I'm putting a lot of my grief into my writing, so sorry about the downer chapters. I'll try to get it into the chapters that everyone is waiting for. Love, adventure, mystery, etc. It's coming, I promise. Well, I guess this is it. See y'all later. Bye!!

-Andrea

*Media is Baiasma*