Come Back To Me

Farkas

It had been so long since I had been there, I could not remember where I had seen the Lord of the Hunt. I poured over maps and tried to remember my frenzied run. I even prayed to him to remember where I had last seen him. "C'mon, dammit... where is it?" I muttered as I combed the map for something, anything that looked familiar. I remembered the ruins of a fort but there were so many in Skyrim that I could have been anywhere. I had jumped over the wall of the Skyforge, so I was going to the northeast of Whiterun. Still, this had not narrowed down the search. "What are you looking for, Farkas?" Aela asked from the bed, having felt sick earlier. "Where I met Hircine." Her eyes widened. "You met Lord Hircine?" Her voice was soft in awe. "Indeed. The night I ran. I met him in the woods, by the ruins of a fort, to the northeast of Whiterun." She gets up from the bed and looks at the map. "What about here? This is about a day away and to the northeast," she points to a fort on the map. I slide my arms around her, my hands rubbing the slight bump on her stomach. "I'll go there tomorrow," I murmur into her ear, kissing her cheek. She shivers softly at my breath on her skin but she pulls away. "Alright," she says, looking flushed. "What's wrong?" I ask her softly, taking her hand. "Nothing, Farkas." I sigh and let go of her hand. "Alright...," I say, walking out of our room and up to the Hall. "Everything alright, Farkas?" Baiasma asks me as I pass, looking up from her food. "Fine, Harbinger," I say, making her smile at the title. It had only been three days since the Circle had cured Kodlak of the BeastBlood and she had been made Harbinger. I walk outside and up to the Skyforge to watch Eorlund shape the steel. The sound of his hammer ringing on the metal and the sizzling of the hot metal meeting the water is all the can be heard for a long while. "What is bothering you, young warrior?" Eorlund asks as he shapes another sword. "Aela. She is so moody lately and won't tell me what is wrong," I say softly. "Women are always moody, it's how they keep us on our toes. Fralia is still moody and won't speak to me even now, after all these years of marriage and children," Eorlund says with a smile, putting the metal back into the coals of the Skyforge, "The more you push her to speak, the more she'll refuse to. She'll speak when she is ready." He pats my shoulder with his big, calloused hands. I nod, getting up and sigh. "Thank you, Eorlund." He nods before going back to shaping the sword. I look down on Jorrvaskr and sigh again. "I'll see you later..." I mutter, going down the steps and onto the patio of Jorrvaskr. "Ria!" She looks over at me. "Yes, Farkas?" "Tell Aela that I decided to go today instead of tomorrow. She'll understand." Ria nods, though she looks confused and I leave, walking out of Whiterun and getting my horse from the stables. I check my map and head toward the fort that Aela pointed out. It would take all day, but I wanted to get this mission for Hircine done. Maybe I would see the Argonian woman who had lent me clothes and a horse the last time I had been this way.

Aela

"He what?!" I shrieked at Ria, who cowers from my voice. She looks at me, confused and scared. "He said he was going today instead of tomorrow..." she repeats slowly and softly. I growl, more beast-like than human. Ria's eyes widen and she backs away. I clench my fists in an efforts to calm down. Lately, my BeastBlood pushed to the surface whenever I became angry and I could barely control myself. "Thank you for telling me, since the icebrain was too much of a milk drinker to do it himself." She nods before scurrying out of my room. I hold in all the screaming and throwing that I want to do and go upstairs and and grab my bow, arrows, shield, and dagger. If he wanted to leave, then I would follow him. I leave Jorrvaskr and go through Whiterun, going straight to the stables and getting my horse, heading toward the fort I pointed out. There is no way he was going to leave me like this...

Farkas

I glance back toward Whiterun and see a red-headed rider just starting out from the stables. "Aela..." I growl, turning back toward Whiterun and forcing my horse into a gallop. It takes a few moments but we meet in the plains outside of Whiterun. "What are you doing?" She snorts, giving me a look, "I could ask you the same thing. Leaving me, now?! You promised to be here for me!" I feel the anger in me bubble to the surface. "I thought you didn't want me around! Or maybe the fact that a Daedric Prince expects me to do something for him and I can't remember where I saw him and I'll have to 'face his wrath' if I don't return to where I first met him!" She looks hurt, looking down at the ground. "I do want you around," she says softly. "Just go back to Jorrvaskr. You can't come with me in your condition." She nods and turns back, glancing back at me, "Come back to me, Farkas." Then she kicks her horse into a gallop and gallops away. I turn back to where I was going and ride away, her words echoing in my head. I would try my hardest to come back to her.

Here is the next chapter. It's a bit of a filler but it leads into the next chapter. I hope you enjoy.

-Andrea