Prologue

Cover by jennadanderson

Copyright 2015 booklings21 BETRAYING MARCO

I got inspired to do this story while watching SOA (you know since Tara is his high-school sweet heart and comes back to town) and I was originally going to make it a biker book like that but I thought Marco would be perfect for the job!

"All I know is we said hello, and your eyes look like coming home."
-Unknown

One thing about mine and Marco Stavros's relationship was that it was as slow as a turtle. Since we grew up side by side he was my first best friend and was always the person I knew I could count on. Some time in our teenage years though we began to develop more mature feelings for each other. Of course we didn't act on it for a very long time, we were scared of what it could mean. But we did anyways, when we were seventeen. It was only a kiss at first but than for every special moment between us we would share another kiss. Even at the ages of nineteen we hadn't done any more than heavily making out. Our lives just didn't play out in a direction that would let us be together with out some sort of consequences.

But at that moment I didn't care about any consequences. I was tired of watching him from afar, imagining his hands on me and his lips all over my body. Finally, after nineteen years I was taking action which would solidify the bond between us forever.

I blindly reached into the hall and yanked Marco into the closet with me, the only sound was a deep gasp from his throat. The door closed behind him, enveloping the room into darkness and my signature was good as given to Rumplestilskin. For a second I thought I might have grabbed the wrong person from the party but once I smelled his cologne I sighed in relief.

Don't back out now. I chanted to myself as Marco started to relax against the door of the storage closet. Apparently he was expecting this. I don't know if that made me happier or more nervous. You've wanted this for so long. Just go and grab it before it's too late!

I mustered up as much confidence I had in the brand new dress that he bought me the day earlier, one he called sexy and beautiful, as I leaned forward and kissed him.

"I've been wanting to do this for so long," I whispered before I brushed my lips over his own. He didn't respond at first which had me worrying but then suddenly he took control, just like every other time and his lips clashed with mine.

I tasted a strong amount of alcohol on his tongue and I knew I shouldn't have been upset, seeing as how I left him just hours before after he confessed his love to me at his own birthday party, but still I was. Marco was never a big drinker, partially because I never liked it when he drank, but his brother? That was a whole different story. Xander could go through his parents rum cupboards in one night. He was probably out there now, chugging away or between a clueless girls legs while I was wrapped up in his little brother: the love of my life.

For moments like this, even though I'm wrapped up in his arms, I still feel insecure compared to the women around him. I'm just the daughter of his nanny, someone his parents took in after he begged them to. Now I'm working as a maid for his family, a serious blow to my ego at times compared to the wealthy and beautiful women that hang around him and his brother. But tonight, just hours before, Marco told me that I was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, the only woman he would ever see again.

The way he said it, with such passion and desperation had me melting right then and there in front of him in the garden. Gosh I was so stupid to have walked away after his confession. But I was scared, even though I knew it was coming.