19 |Odysseus and Penelope|

After having an important call with Lily about her daughter I hung up and instantly my eyes zeroed in on the coffee shop a few doors down on the street.

"Look Marco," I said, catching his attention. He was busy on his phone as well while I was discussing Lily's decision with her. "Can we go in?"

"I don't think we have enough time," he said, grabbing my hand and ready to walk across the street with me in tow.

"Marco I really want a cup of coffee though," I whine, trying to drag him to the nearest coffee shop.

"You hardly ever drink coffee," he responded, refusing to let me pull him in. "Why are you so insistent anyways? We can have coffee at my parent's house now let's go."

Busy New Yorkers paid us no attention while I had both hands wrapped around Marco's bicep, struggling to pull him towards the old coffee shop.

"But I want it here," I said, growing frustrated. When Marco once again pulled his arm back from me I huffed and turned towards the door. "Fine, I'll just go in by myself."

"You don't have any money babe," he laughed. "You gave me your wallet."

I mentally cursed myself for begging him to hold my wallet earlier. "Guess I'll just have to flash the barista to get a free drink then."

I walk into the shop and little less than twenty seconds later Marco joins me, grumbling under his breath.

"Darling as much as I want to relax and drink some coffee with you," he said, grabbing me by the hips and pulling me towards him, "I have a meeting in an hour."

"A meeting," I asked confused. "You didn't say anything about a meeting."

"I know," he sighed, "but that's what I was talking on the phone about. Somebody just wants to buy the island I inherited from my Dad. You know the one I told you about?"

"You know all I inherited from my Mom was a couple thousand dollars saved up, not a whole island," I teased.

He smiled and leaned down to plant a kiss on my neck. "It could be our island soon," he murmured onto my skin.

"Two years," I corrected. I pulled myself away from him making him pout in disappointment. I reached the counter and ordered both of our drinks since I knew exactly what Marco liked.

"It will be out shorty. Sit anywhere you want," the barista, an older man with a curled mustache told us.

I nodded my head and made my way towards a table in the center of the room.

"Well," I said since I knew Marco was right behind me. "Aren't you glad I didn't flash that man?"

"You might as well have because he couldn't take his damn eyes off your breasts," he grumbled, planting his hand on my shoulder and steering me towards an empty table.

"I want to sit over there though." I pulled away from his grasp quickly.

"Somebody is already sitting there though El," he said but I didn't listen. I weaved through chairs and people until I got to the table I've been secretly eyeing since I walked inside. I sat down in one of the two empty seats across from the man in the baseball hat and glasses.

"El," Marco said, coming towards us with the intention of pulling me away. When he got close enough and reached out his hand I took it and pulled him down in the seat next to me. He nearly knocked the table over.

"I remember you being more graceful. Has these past couple weeks really changed you that much," the man said.

Marco stilled beside me, his jaw slacking in shock as he stared at the man before clenching in anger and turning towards me.