21 |Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog|

The next day we were driving up the long dirt driveway of Xander fiancé's house. As promised Marco coerced his family to go to the wedding, despite their feelings towards the groom. Marco hadn't heard from Xander yet if he had told Aria the truth but I wouldn't be entirely sure if he did or not, we weren't sharing a lot of words at the moment.

It hurt so much more knowing that Marco had spent two years by Riley's side, sleeping in the same bed as her, taking her out on dates, showing her off in public, giving her a part of himself that I wish he wouldn't have. I think it would be better, actually I know it would be better if he had just slept with her once or twice, maybe even a couple times, but not for two years.

If he had only a few one night stands with her than I wouldn't have to worry if he ever fell in love with her and vice versa. Two years is a long time and I don't think it's possible to spend that much time together without developing some feelings for one another.

I tried to be understanding, I really did and if it were up to me I would have ran back to Miami the seconds the words left his mouth but I decided to try. I promised Marco and I don't want to break it, still. But I know it will take some time and I think he knows that too because he's keeping his distance.

He's not begging me to listen to him, he's not crying on his knees, he's not even trying to hold my hand because he knows that I will pull away anyways. He stays away in fear but at the same time he keeps his eye on me, careful to notice if I even turn in the other direction.

I remember reading a quote a long time ago that had always stuck with me. It was asking an elderly couple how they managed to stay together for so long and they responded with along the lines of, "We came from a generation where if something was broken you fixed it."

I ran away once from Marco, causing chaos in my wake because I thought I couldn't fix what I had done. I refuse to make that mistake once again. I'm tired of running, that's all I do. I ran from Marco, I ran from Xander more than once and I ran from Rumi after we fought. I will not run any longer.

I will stay with Marco and fix what has been broken between us.

"I didn't know Eddy was such a cowgirl," Marco muttered beside me as we looked at the farm house in front of us. There was an old pickup truck, like really old. There were a couple dogs hanging out on the front porch next to the stereotypical swing. The house was wrapped up in the aging porch with a few pieces missing here and there.

"Xander is marrying a girl like this," I asked amazed. I held no judgment towards the girl at all; I was only surprised that Xander has seemed to shock me once again.

"You won't even realize she comes from this when you meet her," Marco said he slowed the rental car to a stop. He pulled the keys from the ignition and hopped out of the car. He ran to my side, trying to make it in time to open my door but I did it myself. He frowned slightly at me, sadness creeping back into his eyes.

"I'll get the bags," he mumbled, walking to the back of the car.

Once he was out of sight I sighed in frustration. I needed to talk to Lily to get more advice on what to do but she hasn't been answering any of my phone calls. I knew she was busy anyways so I decided to turn off my phone for the rest of the trip.

I grabbed my purse from the passenger seat, one that Victoria gave me and slammed the door in anger.

It's been less than twenty four hours since I found out about Marco and my half-sister so I haven't been given the chance to get my anger out over the whole thing. I sighed once again, trying to calm myself when the squeak of a door opening caught my attention.

I looked up at the front porch to see an elderly woman with a full head of gray hair pinned up in a bun and a bright smile standing in the entrance of the door way.