15 |Othello and Desdemona|

(Picture above is Eliza)

Marco ran into me while I was running down the stairs, suitcase in hand.

"Where are you going," he asked, his eyes calculating my bag.

"You heard your aunt Marco! She doesn't want me here and I don't want to be here!" I moved to go around him but he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back into place.

"Look Eliza I know this isn't going the way we want it to go at all but I promised that I would show you Italy and I will. Let me just go grab my suitcase okay mia regina? We'll figure this whole thing out on the road."

I nodded my head reluctantly. He kissed my forehead and ran back up the stairs to our bedroom. I rushed outside, not wanting to face any of Marco's family members.

First they thought I was porn star, than a stripper, and now a slut that gets around the family. How great.

"You sure do pack quickly," a voice said from behind me.

I turned to see Victoria standing under the shade of a tree, her eyes filled with regret.

"I was already packed. Marco and I were planning on leaving."

"Ah," she said, "so you aren't running away from my terrifying mother?"

"Well," I said.

She laughed cheerily. "It's okay, I understand. I also understand what happened with Xander as well does Rocco, but my parents decide when they want to stop listening to someone, especially my brother."

"So you don't think I'm slut," I asked hopeful.

"I don't know what you are nor do I care. All I know is that you love Marco, I see it in the way you look at him. It's the same way I look at Antonio." She smiled softly. "Marco and Xander are best friends and it's a shame that a girl has come between them but it was Xander's choice. He's never been as kind hearted as Marco but I hear from my aunt Maria that he has changed, thanks to his fiancé."

"So it seems."

Victoria walked closer to me until she could rest her hand on my shoulder. "My parent's do not understand that you are already apart of this family, you have been for many years. I hope by the time I can make it clear to my parents of the situation that you would come back to visit, yes?"

"Come back here," I asked, looking up at the large villa that contained her angry parents.

"Well maybe you can stay with Antonio and I instead," she laughed. "We don't yell as much as my parents."

"Than that sounds wonderful," I tell her happily. "I'll make sure we come back before we go back to America."

"Good," she squealed, pulling me into a hug. "I'm glad I have another girl friend. They're hard to come by these days."

Friend? The word seems odd to me, especially coming from another girl. I've always been the center of envy from other girls since I've been surrounded by the Stavros brothers my entire life. A girl friend is not something that I thought I would want so much until now.

I hugged her back tightly before Marco showed up, bag in hand.

"Victoria," Marco said breathless, "do you mind?"

"Train station right," she asked. We nodded our heads in unison. I couldn't wait to really begin this special time with Marco. "Of course, come on, get in the car. I'll go get Antonio."

...

"Be sure to come back before you leave, yes," Victoria asked me before we boarded the train.