2 |Beyoncé and Jay Z|

The sun began to fall behind me which cast a soaring array of pinks, purples, blues, and reds to hit the buildings of New York City ahead of me. The music from the party was distant in the back ground but still I could hear it over the trees and hedges and flower bushes that made up Maria's extravagant back yard.

There was this hidden path in the back yard that no one except Marco and I knew about. After I officially moved in and was forced to see more of Riley who always had a vendetta against me, little Marco got someone to place a bench in the middle of his mother's greenery that bordered the yard. That spot became the place I always ran to when things got rough and I needed a break but the thing was Marco would always find me there. And this time was no different.

"Is the party to much for you?"

I turned towards the small and almost completely hidden pathway to see Marco standing on it, wearing a suit and tie that fit him perfectly even though I knew he hated wearing suits. But it was his nineteenth birthday after all and it was of the few days a year that he had to play the part of being rich.

"Riley's here," I grumbled as an answer and turned back around to look towards the city.

I always wondered if the people in those sky rise apartments looked over towards us, the hill filled with spaced out mansions that fit not only actors but billionaires and celebrity's and maybe even a mafia family or two. Well at least I think so.

Marco slid into the seat next to me and I couldn't help but look down to the space between us and notice that our sides were like two missing puzzle pieces. I fit into his arms perfectly whenever he held me, his shoulder and neck were carved out especially so my head could fit and our hands... well our hands didn't belong in anyone else's but each other's.

"You know she's friends with Xander. They only came back from college for my birthday."

"That's not what I'm upset about," I spoke aggravated. I had to get used to the idea of Riley being in love with Xander a long time ago and therefore being around even more. Her love interest was another reason why she hated my guts, because I was the only thing standing in the way of Xander actually giving her a chance. Everyone knew it too which made it that much more tragic for her.

"Then what is El?" Marco leaned in close with concern and it was hard not to smell the cologne he was wearing that I bought him for Christmas. I knew for a fact that he owned other cologne's given as presents that cost more than the bench we were sitting on but still he wore the cheap one I gave to him as a gift. It still smelled amazing though.

"She brought Quinton," I said deflated.

I noticed that Marco tensed beside me. He hated my father just as much as I did and for the same reason too. He only wanted one thing: money. So he hadn't come to seek a relationship with me, no he came to see if he could fake one with me so he could secure his place in the family company.

"I'll tell the security," he hissed, pulling out his phone to send a quick text.

I grabbed his hand to stop him. "Don't bother. I don't want Riley to get mad."

"Eliza," he began.

"Please Marco," I pleaded, looking into his big brown Italian Greek mixed eyes. I could stare into them forever.

He consented eventually, tucking his phone back into his pocket. He intertwined our fingers then wrapped his arm over my shoulders so not only was I holding his hand but I was cuddled into his side also.

"Shouldn't you be getting back to your party birthday boy," I asked after a couple minutes of peaceful silence.

"Is it such a crime that I want to spend it with you instead? You know I hate all those people anyways." He pressed his lips to my forehead, probably to distract me.