Chapter 3 - The Mall

3rd Person

Soon enough, the two boys were outside of the mall, looking around to see if they could see their friends.

"Where did he say to meet them?" Mike questioned, placing his bike in the bike rack.

"He didn't tell me.. He j-"

"Boo!" Max grabbed Will's shoulders from behind him, making Will squeal.

Will turned around instantly, his face terrified.

"Jesus, Max!" Will huffed, moving her arms off of his shoulders.

She giggled at his reaction, and everybody else arrived on their bikes.

"Hey guys!" Lucas grinned.

"Hi!" Max grinned back, light pink spreading across her face.

Everybody said hello to each other and began heading inside of the mall.

Eleven held onto Mike's arm, a small smile spread across her face, and Mike frowned slightly.

"Are you alright?" Will's voice came from beside him.

Mike turned his head around, looking down at Will's concerned face.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Mike nodded softly, giving Will a small smile.

Will frowned slightly, but nodded anyway and began to follow everybody in the shops.

Mike let out a small sigh and walked beside him, not knowing what to say.

"Me and El are going on a girl's day! Bye nerds!" Max announced as her and El both ran off, giggling together.

"Me and Dustin are going to the arcade, wanna come?" Lucas asked the two boys.

They shared a look, before turning back to Lucas and shaking their heads.

"Suit yourself. Bye!" He grinned, and they both ran off.

"Guess it's just you and me Byers." Mike turned to Will, who was already looking up at him.

Mike's eyes widended as he looked directly into Will's eyes, a warm pink flooding to his cheeks.

"We- we should-.." He muttered, his eyes moving down to Will's lips.

"Mike, are you feeling okay?" Will frowned, gently placing his hand on Mike's now burning cheeks.

"Oh my god, Mike! You're burning up!" Will sounded absolutely apauled.

"No, I'm okay. I promise." Mike gave him a toothy grin.

Will scoffed and let out a small giggle, making Mike's face only heat up more.

"Absolutely not, Mike. You are sick. Do you even realise hot you are?" Will scolded him, not realising how bad that sounded.

Mike's entire face went red, and Will's eyes widended as he realised what he just said.

"Oh my god I did not mean it like that!" He tried to defend himself, but Mike just burst into a fit of giggles, collapsing onto the bench near them.

"Stop laughing! It's not even that funny." Will whined, now incredibly embarrassed.

Mike continued to laugh, only making Will even more embarrassed.

"Sorry, sorry." Mike giggled, his laughing fit finally subsiding.

"That was so embarrassing." Will muttered, still completely bright red.

"It wasn't that embarrassing..!" Mike tried, but Will just raised his eye brows at Mike.

"Okay, okay, but I mean it could've been worse!" He continued.