Chapter 8 - Boyfriends.

3rd Person

"I love you." Mike admitted, now bawling.

Will felt his cheeks heat up a little bit, but he ignored the fuzzy feeling he had and focused on helping Mike.

"It's okay.." He whispered, pulling Mike back into the hug.

"I don't want to like you! You're a boy." Mike bawled, not realising what he said was rude.

Will knew how he felt, he remembered going through this exact stage.

"It's okay, Mike. It will feel weird at first but you just need to accept yourself." Will tried his best to comfort him.

Mike just sobbed into Will's shoulder until he couldn't anymore, and his loud cries died down into tiny sniffles.

"It's not fair.." Mike whispered, pulling away from the hug and beginning to pace around the room.

"What's not fair?" Will frowned, standing up to stop Mike from pacing around, connecting his hand with Mike's slightly bigger ones.

"You-.. You always know what to say. You're so perfect." Mike mumbled, not realising what he just said.

"Y-You're perfect too, Mike." Will smiled softly.

"I don't think I am." Mike muttered, his eyes beginning to sting.

"I do, you're the most perfect boy I've ever met." Will giggled softly.

"..Really?" Mike looked up at him.

"Yeah." Will gave him a gentle smile.

Mike glanced down at Will's lips, his cheeks heating up.

"Will, I-.." Mike started, not knowing whether to finish his sentence.

"What?" Will frowned slightly.

Mike placed his hands on Will's cheeks, taking a small breath in.

He placed a soft kiss on Will's lips, the smaller boy kissing back immediately.

Will wrapped his arms around Mike's neck, and he pulled away. Will smiled softly, and Mike grinned.

"W-Was that good?" Mike asked him.

"Absolutely." Will giggled.

Mike let out a small chuckle, and he gave Will another kiss, this time wrapping his arms around the smaller boy's waist.

Will pulled away this time, his cheeks bright pink.

"W-What does this make us?" Will spoke shyly.

"Boyfriends?" Mike smiled softly.

"Boyfriends." Will blushed.

"You're so pretty.." Mike whispered, and before Will got a chance to respond the phone began to ring.

Mike couldn't be bothered to answer it and he stayed glued to Will, making him giggle.

"Mike, go and answer the phone." Will giggled slightly.

"I don't want to.." Mike pouted, and Will rolled his eyes.

"Fine, I'll get it then." Will scoffed, wiggling out of Mike's grip.

"Wow, rude." Mike joked, leaning against the wall while Will answered the phone.

"Hi this is Will speaking." Will picked up the phone.

"Will! What took you so long?" Joyce scolded her son.

"Sorry, I was just.. doing something." Will blushed, making Mike giggle.

"Right, well anyway. You need to come home right now. Me and Hopper need to speak to you." Joyce spoke, and she sounded angry.

"Wh-.. But I'm at Mike's. Can I not stay a bit longer?" Will pleaded.

"No. And talking about Mike, can you bring him along, please." Joyce's voice was cold, and Will began to feel nervous.

"U-Uh.. yeah. We'll be round in five minutes.." Will swallowed, his voice shaking slightly.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Mike frowned.

"My mum wants us both to come over." Will told him.

"..Us both? Like me and you?" Mike confirmed.

"No, Michael. Me and Santa. Yes you come on!" Will scoffed, dragging Mike along.

"Why does she want us over?" Mike questioned.

"I don't know, but I think it has something to do with El." Will told Mike, who's heart dropped.

He stayed silent as they both got on their bikes and cycled down to Will's house, neither of them daring to utter a word.

As they reached Will's house, Mike felt his heart begin to race.

"Y-You don't think she told you're mum, right?" Mike's voice shook slightly as they got off their bikes.

"I hope not." Will sighed, leaving his bike on the grass.

He looked over at Mike who looked terrified.

"Hey, you don't need to worry, okay?" He smiled softly, giving Mike's cheek a small kiss.

Mike smiled back at him and pulled him into a hug.

"I love you." Mike whispered, giving Will one final squeeze.

"I love you too." Will giggled, letting go of the hug.

They turned towards the door and headed up to it, but before they got there the door flung open, Eleven stood there.

The two boys shared a look, before following El inside the house.

{Word Count: 748}