Chapter 13 - Sleepover

3rd Person

Mike woke up with a gasp, his heart racing, and he felt the tears pouring down his face. He had that nightmare again. The night at the quarry. Without even realising, he let out a small sob by accident, waking up the smaller boy.

"Mike..?" Will's voice came from beside him, sounding confused.

Mike stayed silent, hoping that Will would think he was asleep and just go back to bed.

"Mike, wh-.. what's wrong?" He spoke again, his voice sleepy. Mike stayed silent once again, hoping that Will would just go to sleep.

"Mike I know you're awake, don't ignore me." Will sighed.

Mike turned around to look at him, his lips quivering and tears streaming down his face.

"Jesus, Mike.." Will whispered as he grabbed a tissue from the table next to him, "What happened?" He frowned, wiping away the tears from Mike's face.

"I had another nightmare." He whispered, looking away from Will.

"What about?" Will questioned as he put the now wet tissue in the bin.

"That night at the quarry." Mike muttered, sitting up so that he could see Will.

"Again?" Will's eyebrows raised slightly, and Mike just nodded. Will looked down at the watch he had on his arm and it was 9:37 am.

"Do you wanna just stay awake? There's no point in going back to sleep since you'll probably have another nightmare anyway." Will suggested as he sat up as well, positioning himself so that he could see Mike more clearly.

"Yeah, that's fine." Mike nodded softly

"Hold on, I'm gonna go and brush my teeth, I cannot stand the taste of morning breath. You should probably come with me." Will scoffed as he got up

"Wow, Byers. You're so rude." Mike laughes softly as they both got up, heading over to the bathroom to brush their teeth.

They finished quite quickly and slipped back into their beds, talking quietly to try and not wake up the boys in front of them.

They heard a soft groan come from the other side of the room and saw that Lucas had woken up, he was rubbing his eyes and sat up.

"G'morning.." He mumbled, still half asleep.

"Good morning." Will whispered, smiling softly at him.

"Should I wake up Dustin?" Lucas asked them both as he looked down at the boy next to him.

"Yeah, sure." Will shrugged, so Lucas began to shake Dustin.

"Fuck off.." Dustin groaned, stuffing his face into his pillow.

"Get up!" Lucas scowled, grabbing Dustin and pulling him up.

"Go away!" Dustin whined, trying to lay back down.

"No, you need to wake up!" Lucas scoffed as he dragged Dustin up again, keeping him up this time.

"I hate you all." Dustin huffed, rubbing his eyes as he sat up, his stomach making a loud sound.

"Eww Dustin!" Lucas gagged, pinching his nose.

"Shut up, I'm hungry!" Dustin scowled, his face going red as he pushed Lucas.

"I can make you some food if you'd like?" Will offered as he giggled at the pair in front of him.

"Please." Dustin nodded, so Will got up.

"I'll come with you." Mike looked up at Will who was already walking up the stairs.

"Wait, I wanna come aswell!" Lucas grinned as he got up, following the two up the stairs with Dustin close behind him.

Lucas and Dustin both went to Mike's living room to watch TV, and Mike and Will both went into the kitchen so that they could make some food.

"What would you like?" Will looked up at his boyfriend who was stood scanning the fridge.

"Uh, I'm not sure.. Maybe pancakes?" He frowned slightly as he continued to look in the fridge.

"Yeah, sure. I can do pancakes." Will smiled up at him, grabbing some stuff from the fridge for the pancakes.

The two made some small talk as Will made the food for everybody, impressing Mike with his cooking skills.

"When did you learn to do all this? This is cool!" Mike questioned, genuinely impressed.

"My mum taught me." Will grinned, blushing at the compliment Mike gave him.

"Lucky." Mike scoffed, thinking back to how his mum would refuse to do stuff like that with him because it wasn't 'manly' enough.

"I'm sure I could teach you one day." Will offered, and Mike's eyes widended.

"You think?" He grinned, quite excited at the thought of spending some time with Will.

"Yeah, of course." Will nodded as he began to cook the pancakes.

"Can I have the first one?" Mike grinned, looking over at his boyfriend with a pleading look on his face.

"If you really want, but the first ones always the ugliest." Will chuckled, and Mike only let out a small scoff.

"As if I'd care, I just want them to taste good." He shrugged, and Will let out a small giggle.

"That's fine, you can have the first few then." He agreed, beginning to cook them.

Lucas and Dustin walked in after a few minutes of Will cooking, smelling the pancakes and becoming even more hungry.

"Woah, Byers! I didn't know you were a chef!" Lucas grinned, sitting down next to Mike.

"Pfft, I'm not. They're just pancakes." Will brushed off the compliment, now becoming embarrassed.

He handed the three boys their plates, quickly cooking his own and sitting down with them all as they watched TV.

"Dude, these are like, so good." Dustin grinned as he scoffed another bite into his mouth, making Lucas gag.

"Oh my god, Dustin. You have food all around your mouth, you absolute slob." Lucas scoffed, and Dustin's eyes widended.

"Excuse me!?" He gasped, and soon enough the two of them were arguing, as usual.

Will and Mike both watched with amusement, finishing their pancakes and giggling as they watched the two of them fight.

"I bet Suzie isn't even real!" Lucas scoffed as the two continued to argue.

"How many times has Max dumped you, again?" Dustin questioned sarcastically.

"Die!" Lucas growled as he tackled Dustin, the both of them now wrestling on the floor.

"Oh my god." Mike muttered.

Everything was going fine, up until the front door opened.

{Word Count: 1029}