Chapter 10 - Mike's house

3rd Person

"What the hell." Will's voice came from behind the two, his face disgusted.

"Will, I didn't want to kiss her I s-" Mike began, but Will cut him off.

"I know, don't worry." He gave Mike a gentle smile, before his glaze morphed into one of anger as he turned to Eleven.

"Why would you kiss him, El?" He scowled.

"Because he shouldn't be dating you! It's not fair! You stole my boyfriend!" She fired at him, tears forming in her eyes.

"I didn't steal him. Listen, I'm sorry I made you upset. I shouldn't have been rude to you, but you can't be angry about this, El." Will tried to be calm with her, remembering what Joyce taught him, but El wouldn't cooperate.

"Stop trying to calm me down! It's not fair! You and your stupid boyfriend can leave me alone!" She spat, shoving Mike out of the door.

Mike's eyes widened as the door slammed shut, both of them just stood and stared at the shut door for a minute before a voice came from behind them.

"Are you boys okay?" Joyce spoke gently, a soft smile on her face.

"Um, yeah. Yeah I think so?" Will nodded, a small frown on his face.

"Okay, would you like me to drop you off at your house, Mike? You and Will could stay there for a bit?" She suggested.

Mike and Will turned to look at each other, not even having to voice their opinions to know what the other wanted.

"Yeah, that's fine. Thanks." Will nodded, a smile spreading across his face.

"Alright, meet me out at the car in five." Joyce nodded, grabbing the keys and heading out the door.

The two boys grabbed their shoes, slipping them on and going out to the car and getting in. The car ride was peaceful, small chit-chat here and there.

"I'm sorry about eleven." Joyce spoke up, catching the attention of the two boys.

"It's not your fault." Will gave her a weak smile.

"I just-.. I want you both to know that I support you. I will always love you both, and if you want to be together then that's perfectly fine." She told the both of them, her smile soft.

"Thank you." They both spoke in sync, a small smile spread across both of their faces.

"It's okay, now if she gives either of you any more grief you come and tell me. I'll have a word with her." Joyce told them both as she pulled up to the Wheeler house.

"We will, I love you." Will grinned as he began getting out of the car.

"Love you too, hun." She smiled, watching as the two boys walked up to the front door, slightly too nervous to hold hands.

They went inside, closing the door behind them and examining the house, realizing that nobody was home.

"Do-.. Do you think that El will tell Lucas and Max and stuff and they'll all just leave me?" Mike turned to Will.

"What? No, no of course not. Where is this coming from?" Will frowned, turning to face the taller boy.

"I'm just scared, I guess. I-I keep messing up lately so what if this is like, their final straw?" Mike admitted, slumping down on the couch.

"Mike, nobody is going to leave you, I promise." Will sighed, sitting down next to Mike and gently connecting their hands.

"..I'm not sure." Mike muttered, avoiding any eye contact Will would try to initiate.

"Mike, if Lucas, Dustin or Max get mad at you for anything.. it's not your fault, okay? None of this is your fault. You just needed to figure yourself out and that's okay, that's perfectly fine." Will gave him a soft smile, his hands holding both of Mike's.

Mike stayed silent, still avoiding eye contact with Will, making the smaller boy sigh.

"I'm not lying to you." Will spoke firmly, and Mike looked up at him..

"You promise?" Mike mumbled.

"I promise." Will smiled at him, making Mike blush.

Will chuckled and gave Mike a kiss, the taller boy immediately kissing back.

"You're so pretty.." Mike whispered as he pulled away, admiring his boyfriends face.

"Stop it." Will blushed, his cheeks heating up as they turned red.

"Never, you're literally gorgeous." Mike grinned, watching as Will became flustered.

"You're so stupid." Will scoffed, covering his face with his hands to try and hide how red he was.

"Whatever, you love me." Mike grinned.

"I do." Will sighed as he moved his hands away from his face.

"Wha-" Mike began to speak before getting cut off by the doorbell ringing.

The two boys looked at each other immediately, knowing exactly who was at the door.

"Will." Mike muttered, a lump forming in his throat.

"I'll go and get it, it'll be okay, Mike." Will whispered, giving Mike's forehead a gentle kiss as he got up.

Mike nodded and watched as Will walked over to the door, unlocking it and opening it to see who was there.

"Will."

{Word Count: 845}