Chapter 16 - Confession

3rd Person

Will continued to hold Mike in his arms, watching as his the tears began to start slowing, his loud sobbing soon becoming soft sniffles.

"You feel a bit better now?" Will looked down at him, gently rubbing his thumb along the back of Mike's hand.

"A little bit." He whispered, his head still resting on Will's shoulder.

"If you say what's bothering you it will help you to feel better, y'know." Will told him, smiling down softly at him.

"I know, I just-.. It's difficult." Mike mumbled, not daring to look up at Will.

"You need to talk to someone. When you don't tell anyone how you feel you'll just break down like this. I'll listen to you, Mike. I'll always listen to you, you know that." Will told him, and he heard a soft sigh from Mike.

"I don't know. It doesn't really help.. People just tell me to suck it up and move on." Mike admitted, gently detaching from the hug and sitting up so that he can see Will.

"Who's said that to you?" Will frowned.

"..Max." He mumbled, looking down at his hands.

"Mike, why would you listen to Max after everything that's happened? And I thought you hated her, why were you talking to her anyway?" Will questioned, genuinely confused.

"It was a while ago. After El came back we just started talking for a while." Mike muttered, looking down at his hands as he fidgeted with the loose strings on his shirt.

"Mike, talk to me. I'll listen to you. Please, just talk to me." Will took Mike's hand into his own, holding it gently.

"Will, I-I don't know how.. I never tell anybody how I feel. They always just think I'm insane." Mike admitted as he wiped away the tears that were still streaming down his face, making Will frown.

"Mike, I'd never think you're insane. It will help to talk to me, I promise. If you don't want to that's fine, just tell me and I'll stop asking, but I really think it will help you." Will told him.

Mike took a shakey breath in and looked up at Will, looking slightly nervous.

"I don't know what's wrong with me. I-I keep crying and I don't even know why, I have nightmares almost every single night. I think there's something wrong with me." Mike cried softly as his tears began to slow down, beginning to avoid eye contact with Will.

"No, Mike, of course there's not something wrong with you. You have trauma. It's normal to act this way." Will tried his best to comfort Mike, not entirely sure what to say.

"It's not normal to think the way I think." Mike sniffled, wiping away anymore tears that had fell down his face.

"What? Mike what do you mean?" Will frowned, genuinely confused.

"The thoughts I have. They're not normal." Mike mumbled, not daring to look up at Will.

"W-What thought do you have that aren't normal?" Will frowned, intertwining his fingers with Mike as they held hands.

Mike stayed silent, looking down at their connected hands, only worrying Will even more.

"Mike, what thoughts do you have that aren't normal?" He repeated, very concerned for his boyfriend.

"I-I keep thinking about killing myself." He whispered, and Will's heart dropped.

"Wh-.. Why?" Will frowned, his hand unconsciously tightening around Mike's

"I thought I might finally be happy. Be at peace. I'm tired, I'm so tired, Will. I don't know how much longer I can do this." Mike looked up at his boyfriend for the first time in what felt like ages.

For the first time in Will's life he didn't know how to help Mike. He sat with a stunned expression on his face, only upsetting Mike more.

"I know you'd think I'm fucking insane." Mike sniffled, trying to detach his hands from Will's, but Will wouldn't let go of him.

"No, no, I'm just shocked. You're not insane, Mike. I didn't realize you felt like that." Will shook his head, looking up at Mike.

"You- You don't think I'm insane..?" Mike frowned slightly, not entirely believing him.

"Of course not. I'd never think that." Will smiled softly at his boyfriend, trying to gather up words to say to him.

"It's good that you've talked to me. I'm proud of you for telling me, I know it's not easy." Will started, making Mike smile slightly through his tears.

"I know how hard things are for you Mike, but please just listen to me when I say this, suicide is never the answer. I know it may seem like the only way out but it won't get rid of your hurting. It'll just pass it on to people who care about you. Like the party, your sister, your mom. And me. And if you ever have those kind of thoughts and they get too bad please come to me before trying anything stupid." Will spoke softly, looking up at Mike as he spoke.

"Y-Yeah, yeah of course." Mike nodded, his voice becoming choked as tears gathered in his eyes.

"Come here." Will sighed, pulling Mike into another hug.

Mike melted into the hug, gently resting his head on Will's shoulder as he held back his tears.

"It's okay, Mike. I'm always gonna be here for you." Will whispered, his hand gently resting on the back of Mike's head.

"I love you so much." Mike whispered, his voice muffled as he spoke against Will's shoulder.

"I love you too, more then you could ever imagine." Will spoke softly, smiling gently.

credits to tjis gayass iamjonathanbyers for writing the comfort paragraph that will said to mike 🙄🙄

{Word Count: 955}