Chapter 12 - Pretty

3rd Person

"We need to clean up your room, get it back to how it was." Lucas sighed as he stood up, getting ready to pick up all of his ripped posters.

"No don't, I don't want them up anymore." Mike protested, the upset glint appearing in his eye's once again.

"Mike. What did we just tell you. Do not listen to what Max said to you." Will warned him.

"Fine." He mumbled, setting his stuffed animal carefully on his bedside table and getting up.

Will pulled him aside gently, making Mike slightly confused.

"Mike, why don't you go and have a shower, just relax for 20 minutes while we get your room tidy." He spoke softly, knowing that Mike was still upset.

"I can't just let you tidy my room, Will." Mike sighed, shaking his head.

"Mike, I know you're still upset. A shower would help you calm down." Will raised his eyebrows at Mike, making the talled boy scoff.

"Fine, whatever." He rolled his eyes, a small grin forming on his face.

Will grinned and gave Mike a small kiss, the other boy immediately kissing back.

"Jesus, can you at least wait until we're gone to make out." Dustin gagged.

"Shut up, I'm going to have a shower." Mike stuck his tongue out at Dustin before leaving, making the two boys laugh at Dustin's face.

"He is so rude." He scoffed, grinning.

They all continued to tidy the room, and as soon as they heard the water turn on both Lucas and Dustin began to ask Will questions.

"Has he been getting worse?" Lucas frowned, worried for his best friend.

"Yeah, a lot worse." Will sighed, sticking his star wars poster back on the wall.

"A lot worse? What's he been saying?" Dustin raised an eyebrow.

"He's been having nightmares. And I think that, uh.." Will trailed off, not exactly wanting to just tell Mike's problems to them without Mike's permission.

"Nightmares? About what?" Lucas sounded confused, his face scrunched up.

"My body getting pulled out of the quarry. And the night with the mindflayer." Will sighed softly, concerned for his boyfriend.

"Oh shit." Lucas sighed, sitting down on the bed next to Will.

"I know.. I don't know how to help him." Will muttered, wishing he could do something.

"I'm sure he appreciates you trying, I mean, it's not easy helping someone." Lucas shrugged.

"I know, I just-.. I don't want him suffering. I mean, I know what it's like. I'm sure we all do." Will sighed.

"I know, none of us want him to suffer either, maybe let him ask for help, because until he wants the help and asks for it, nothing will help him." Dustin suggested.

"You think?" Will raised his eyebrows.

"I do." He nodded.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, just listening to the water run, before they heard it shut off. They heard soft footsteps and door clicked open, the three saw Mike with a towel around his waist, holding his clothes in his hand.

"Sorry, we'll let you get changed." Will gave him a soft smile.

"Thanks." Mike smiled back at him, watching as they all left his room.