Chapter 17 - Nancy

3rd Person

Nancy was stood in shock, her eyes filled with tears as she heard her brothers confession. She hasn't even meant to listen in on their conversation, she was coming to ask the two boys if they wanted food, but as she heard them talking she stopped herself. She went to leave when she heard what Mike had said, and she felt her heart shatter.

"What's wrong?" Jonathan's voice came from behind her, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"G-Go to the living room.. I'll tell you there." Nancy managed to utter after a good minute of silence.

She left the hallway and went back to the living room, leaving the two teenagers alone again.

"Mike, you look absolutely drained, why don't you have a small nap? The crying will have wiped all of your energy." Will suggested as he pulled away from the hug.

"Okay, just don't let me sleep for too long." Mike nodded, and Will let out a soft laugh.

"I won't, if you need me I'll be in the living room, okay?" Will told him, and he nodded softly.

Will gave him a small kiss on rhe forehead before leaving the room, letting him sleep. He walked into the living room to see Nancy looking quite worried. She must've heard Will's footsteps because she looked up and her eyes widened, getting up immediately and going over to him.

"H-How's Mike? Is he okay?" She asked him.

"He's uh.. He's sleeping right now." Will gave her a weak smile.

"How is he? Is he okay?" Nancy repeated, the concern evident in her voice.

"Not really.. He just cried for an hour straight so I told him to have a nap." He told her, and she sighed.

"So you know when he'll wake up? Did he set an alarm, or..?" She questioned.

"No, sorry." Will gave her a weak smile.

"Right." She muttered, going back and sitting next to Jonathan.

He heard a small cough from the kitchen and he looked over to see Joyce and Hop stood there, their faces incredibly confused. She beckoned Will over so he walked over to them. She pulled him outside, Hopper following them both, and she shut the door so that nobody else inside wold hear them.

"Will, what happened?" She sighed.

"What do you mean?" Will looked up at her.

"What happened with Mike, he was sobbing when Nancy brought him over?" She frowned, not wanting to see Mike like that.

"His dad kicked him out." Will told her.

"No, I know that, but what actually happened?" She asked, and Will just let out a small sigh.

"It's not really my place to tell you.. Mike told me because he trusted me." Will muttered, not wanting to upset Joyce with his answer.

"Will, we need to know what happened. If we can do something to help then we at least need to know what happened." Joyce gave him a small smile.

"U-Uh.. His dad kicked him out because he's gay." Will told her, and her eyes widened.

"What!?" She shrieked, absolutely horrified.

"Did anything else happen?" Hopper questioned, remembering seeing a red mark on Mike's face as he walked into the house.

"U-Uh.. Ted slapped him across the face." Will told him, and Hopper's eyes widened.

"What the fuck." He frowned, turning to Joyce.

"Can I go back inside now?" Will frowned, not wanting to talk about it for much longer as he felt like he was betraying Mike's trust.

"Yeah, we'll come inside in a few minutes." Joyce nodded softly, so Will scurried inside.

He sat down on the couch opposite Jonathan and Nancy and lay down, thinking about what Mike had told him earlier.

'I keep thinking about killing myself.

Will could remember the hurt in Mike's voice, the tears streaming down his face as he spoke. He hated seeing Mike like that, he didn't want Mike to feel like that. Nobody should ever feel like that.

"Will?" Nancy spoke gently, snapping Will out of his thoughts.

"Yeah?" He looked over at her, giving her a small smile.

"What did Mike, uh.. say to you? Like, about his feelings?" Nancy asked him, and she saw Will shift uncomfortably.

"W-Well, yeah.. But it's not really- it's not really my place to tell you." Will spoke carefully scared of upsetting her.

"Will. I am his sister and I need to know what's wrong with him. I need to get him help." Nancy pressed, and Will began to get nervous.

"I don't- I shouldn't tell you without his permission. He told me because he trusted me, and he'll tell you too if he wants to." Will tried to be reasonable, but Nancy kept pressing.

"Will, I need to know what he said to you." She demanded, and Jonathan stepped in as he saw his little brother getting upset.

"Listen, why don't we wait until Mike gets up and then if he doesn't mind Will telling you then he can tell you. Until then, just relax." Jonathan suggested.

"You're right. I'm sorry." Nancy spoke, slumping back into the couch and sighing softly.

The three of them continued to watch TV, Joyce and Hopper coming back in the house within a few minutes, all of them waiting for Mike to wake up.

{Word Count: 888}