Chapter 11 - Break down

3rd Person

"Will." Max spoke grimly as she saw Will, looking angry.

"Hey, what's up?" Will frowned, unsure why she was here.

"I think that the party needs to have a little chat." Max demanded as she barged past Will, causing him to wince slightly and gently hold his hand against where Max had hit him.

He watched as Max stormed into the living room, Lucas, Dustin and El all following close behind her. She stomped up to Mike who was sat looking nervous, his leg bouncing furiously while he picked at the skin around his finger nails. He sighed and closed the front door, walking over to the living room.

"Mike." Max spoke as Will entered the rook.

"What." Mike tried not to sound nervous.

"How have you and Will been lately?" Max raised her eyebrows in a mocking way.

Lucas and Dustin now looked confused, unsure of what Max meant by that.

"Fine. Why?" Mike snapped, trying to stay calm.

"Really? Because me and El have been talking and I think you both have been a lot better then 'fine'. Don't you think?" Max sounded sarcastic, making Mike even more annoyed.

"What the fuck are you trying to say?" Mike spat, standing up to look at her.

"Oh, I don't know? Maybe that you and Will got together the same day you and El broke up! A bit weird, am I right?" She fired, and both Lucas and Dustin's eyes widended.

"Wait, you both are together!?" Lucas shrieked.

"No, no no we aren't." Mike panicked, tears stinging in his eyes as the thoughts of everybody leaving him began to fill his mind.

"Yes you are! Stop trying to deny it, Mike! I don't even get what El or Will see in you!" Max spat, and Mike paused.

"What's that meant to mean?" He scowled.

"You need to get off your high horse, Mike. I mean, look at yourself. You are not all that." Max scoffed, emphasising the 'not'.

"Look at myself?" Mike questioned, not sure what Max was trying to get at.

"You are not exactly easy on the eyes! I mean, your a fucking twig! Don't even get me started on your frog face an-.." Max trailed off as she saw the tears gathering in Mike's eyes, watching as he pulled down the sleves of his shirt, trying to cover his quite skinny wrists.

"Fuck you, Max." Mike spat, his voice wobbling.

Max's eyes widened and she scoffed in disbelief, flailing her arms in the air.

"You know what, Mike. I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but nobody else will. You're fucking horrible, and you're weird and your annoying! You act like your 8 years old with all of your stupid little star wars toys, an you argue with everybody and you just keep fucking everything up! It's like you are trying to destroy the party or something!? You need to grow the fuck up!" Max fired, and Mike's eyes widended.

He opened his mouth to say something, but he couldn't even think of anything to say back, knowing she was probably right.

"I-I don't mean to." He finally spoke, his voice shaking.

Will went to move closer to him, but Max stopped him, glaring harshly at him.

"You can stop right there, I think you've done enough." She glared at him, making his eyes widen.

"I'm allowed to see my own boyfriend." He scoffed, pushing past her and walking over to Mike who looked like he was going to burst into tears.

"Are you alright?" Will spoke softly towards Mike, who was stood staring at Max and El.