Chapter 5 - Accident

3rd Person

After around five minutes, Will was able to get Mike to calm down, and he pulled away from the hug.

"Thank you." Mike whispered, wiping away his tears.

"It's okay, now do you wanna go downstairs?" Will smiled softly at him.

"Yeah, sure." Mike smiled back at him.

Mike got up and left the room, Will following close behind him, and they went down to the basement where everybody else was.

"Finally, Jesus Christ." Max rolled her eyes, and Will looked over at Mike who looked like he was about to burst.

"Mike. Just ignore her." Will whispered, and Mike nodded and headed over to one of the couches

"Max, stop teasing Mike." Will warned, sitting down on the couch next to Mike.

"Whatever, nerds. Are you playing or not?" She asked them both.

"I'm gonna just wait until you all are done." Will gave her a small smile.

"Same." Mike mumbled, crossing his arms.

"Booooring!" Max teased them both.

"Can you actually shut the fuck up for once?" Mike spat.

Max's eyes widended and she scowled.

"It was only a joke, Jesus." She rolled her eyes, going back to the game.

The four continued playing, and Will looked over at Mike. He was biting the dead skin off of his lips and he was picking at his fingers.

"Mike, what's wrong?" Will whispered, quiet enough for only Mike to hear him.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Mike grumbled, keeping his eyes glued to the floor.

"Are you s-" Will began.

"I said I'm fine!" Mike fired at him, and as he saw Will's face he immediately felt bad.

"W-Wait no I didn't-" Mike started, seeing the tears forming in Will's eyes.

"J-Just wait for them to finish playing." Will muttered, his voice shaking.

After a few minutes, everybody got bored and stopped playing.

"I'm bored, we should do something else." Max announced, looking up at the two on the couch.

They both looked miserable, Will still had tears bubbling in his eyes and Mike just looked upset. They were still incredibly close together, their knees touching and their pinkies millimeters away from each other.

"Uh, are you both okay?" Max frowned.

"Fine." Mike looked over at them all, trying not to look too upset.

"I'm fine." Will whispered, his voice shaking.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Max got up, concern laced in her voice.

El got up too, them both walking over to Will.

"Nothing, I'm fine." He tried to convince them, but it wasn't working.

"It was Mike. Wasn't it." Max glared over at the taller boy who was currently zoned out.

Will stayed silent, and Max stormed over to Mike.

"Mike. Why are you being such a douche today?" Max scowled.

Mike didn't even realize she was talking to him and carried on staring into space.

"Hello!?" Max clicked her fingers in front of Mike's face, getting his attention.

"Wh-What's going on?" Mike jumped slightly.

"Why are you being a douche to Will? Again?" Max glared down at Mike.

"I-I didn't mean to, it was an accident I sw-" Mike tried, looking over at Will.

"Accident? You can't just accidentally make someone cry, Mike!" Max fired.

Mike scanned Will's face and his heart dropped. Will had started crying.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean t-" Mike tried, his hand reaching out to gently touch Will's arm.

"Mike. Don't make things worse then they already are." Max warned, walking over to Will.

"N-No, it's fine, Max." Will looked up at her, wiping away the few tears that had fell.

Max looked down at Mike, her vision fierce.

"Fine. You're off the hook this time, Wheeler." She spoke through gritted teeth, before walking away.

El realised that Will was fine and left his side too, following Max back down.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you." Mike whispered, intertwining his fingers with Will's.

Will's face heated up and he smiled softly.

"It's okay. I'm sorry about Max." Will giggled slightly.

"You should be." Mike let out a small laugh aswell.

"Right stop flirting and come on, we're all waiting." Dustin teased, and both of their heads shot towards everybody as their faces heated up.

"Wh- We were not flirting!" Mike argued, his face firey red.

"Chill, I was just teasing! Come sit down with us." Dustin grinned.

Mike and Will shared a look before sitting down in the gap between the four people.

"Okay. What should we do?" Max grinned, looking around the room.

Nobody had any suggestions, and Max groaned.

"Seriously." Max deadpanned, looking around the room.

Everybody shared glances, not knowing what to say.

"Fine, let's do a movie then!" She scoffed, getting up.

Everybody agreed and they all settled down around the room. Mike and Will were down on the beds on the floor, Max and El were on one of the couches and both Lucas and Dustin were fighting about who got to pick the movie.

"Get your feet off of me!" Lucas gagged, pushing Dustin away.

"Rude! Just cos you're jealous that I'm amazing and you're not!" Dustin scoffed, putting his feet in Lucas's face.

"Stop I might actually be sick." Lucas covered his mouth, making everybody giggle.

Dustin gasped and put a hand over his heart, pouting dramatically.

"You hurt me Sinclair, you really do." Dustin pouted, making Lucas giggle.

"Go and put your movie in, idiot." He scoffed.

"Woo!" Dustin grinned, putting in the movie he wanted. He flicked off the lights and returned back to his seat.

Everybody settled down as the movie started, and Will felt himself get sleepy.

"You okay?" Mike whispered.

"Mhm, just tired." Will whispered back, rubbing his eyes.

"You wanna go to sleep, I'll grab you a blanket?" Mike offered, and Will nodded softly.

Mike grabbed a blanket and placed it over them both, and without thinking, Will gently rested his head on Mike's shoulder.

Mike went bright red, but luckily the darkness of the room made it go unnoticed.

"Goodnight.." Will whispered.

"Goodnight."

{Word Count: 1006}