Chapter 7 - Break Up

3rd Person

Mike woke up, still wrapped in Will's arms. He looked around and saw a very upset Eleven, with Max hugging her.

"So, Wheeler. How are you and you're boyfriend doing?" Max scowled, gesturing to him and Will cuddled up.

"N-Nothing happened last night. He was just helping me." Mike sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Helping you get off?" Max raised her eyebrows.

"What the fuck? No! Ew? I had a nightmare." Mike scrunched up his face in disgust.

"Just a nightmare? Then why are you literally cuddling together holding hands?" Max fired, and Mike looked down at their still connected hands.

"He- he was comforting me. I already told you." Mike muttered, gently disconnecting their hands.

"Yeah sure, because when I comfort El I cuddle and kiss her." Max scoffed.

"I didn't kiss him!?" Mike gawked, appalled at their accusation.

They heard a small groan and they all looked down to see that Will had woken up.

"Hi.." He muttered, re-connecting their hands.

"Good morning, did you sleep okay?" Mike spoke softly.

Will let out a small hum, not fully awake yet.

"Completely platonic." Max rolled her eyes.

"Max. Nothing happened." Mike spoke through gritted teeth as Will sat up, rubbing his eyes gently.

Lucas and Dustin appeared from the kitchen, holding six plates of Eggos for everybody.

"Breakfast!" They grinned, handing the four their plates.

Everybody began to eat, and an awkward silence filled the room.

"Okay what's happened?" Lucas looked between the four of them.

Will shrugged, not knowing that he was involved in all of this.

"Mike is being a bad boyfriend." Max scowled.

"I didn't even do anything!" Mike scoffed.

"So if I just cuddled with El you wouldn't care?" Max raised her eyebrows.

"No, I wouldn't! Because I'm not some psycho control freak like you clearly are." Mike rolled his eyes.

"Mike. Don't be rude." Will muttered, his thumb gently stroking the back of Mikes hand.

"But she literally just-!? Ugh, whatever." Mike muttered, and Max looked down at their connecting hands.

"Look! You don't just hold hands with someone like that! They literally cuddle all night. There's something weird going on." Max spat, absolutely outraged for her friend.

Will frowned slightly, disconnecting their hands from each others.

"There was no need for that, you've upset Will now." Mike scowled.

"Max they've been like that ever since they were kids, it's not weird for them." Lucas defended them both.

"Yeah, they've always been attached by the hip. It's nothing weird." Dustin agreed, nodding softly.

"Nope. No way. There's something going on, I'm telling you." Max shook her head, not believing them both.

They just let out a small sigh, and El spoke up.

"Mike. Let's talk." Eleven got up, and Mike's face turned pale.

He looked over at Will, who gave him a small nod and a soft smile.

"See! What the fuck was that!?" She shrieked.

Mike just rolled his eyes and ignored her, getting up and leaving with Eleven.

Max looked over at Will who still looked slightly upset, and she sighed softly.

"You know I'm not mad at you, right? It's Mike who's being a douche." Max tried, but Will just frowned.

"But he didn't do anything, we have done that since like, forever." Will frowned.

"Will stop defending him. You can admit he's being a bad boyfriend." Max sighed, beginning to get frustrated.

"He isn't doing anything. He had a nightmare and I helped calm him down. If anything you should be mad at me! I'm the one who initiated the hug and the hand holding." Will defended the taller boy, feeling guilty that he's being yelled at.

"Wh-.." Max tried to argue, but she knew that Will was right.

"You need to apologize to him." Will demanded, and Max scoffed.

"Yeah as if." She rolled her eyes.

"Max." Will warned.

"Fi-" Max was cut off by a loud yell.

"Can you shut the fuck up!" Mike's voice boomed around the house.

Everybody shared a look, and they heard loud sobbing.

"I hate you! I hate you so much!" Eleven yelled at him, and she appeared at the top of the stairs, running down to gather her things.

"I didn't mean to yell, just listen-" Mike tried, but she wasn't listening.

"No. I hate you. Don't talk to me." She sobbed, grabbing her things.

"D-Do you want help?" Both Lucas and Dustin got up to help her, confused on what just happened.

"Please." Eleven cried, packing her things.

"Are you okay?" Will tried to reach out to her.

"Go away! I don't want to talk to you either." She smacked his hand away harshly.

"What the fuck was that for?" Mike scowled at her, moving slightly in front of Will.

"He made you love him! I'm not talking to you. Or him!" She spat, and she went up the stairs, Max following her close behind.

"We, uh.. We should go and help her, man." Lucas spoke apologetically.

"Wh-.. No wait please-" Mike pleaded, feeling a lump form in his throat.

"I'm sorry, we'll be back soon." Dustin apologized, and they both went up the stairs to help Eleven.

Mike stood there, watching them leave, absolutely heartbroken. He heard the front door click shut and he felt his eyes sting with tears.

"Are you okay?" Will spoke gently, walking over to Mike.

Mike shook his head slightly, tears beginning to spill out of his eyes.

"Oh, Mike.." Will whispered, pulling him into a hug.

Mike collapsed into Will's arms, tears streaming down his face.

"I fucked it up. I fucked it up again." He sobbed.

Will sat down on the couch, Mike sat down next to him.

"It's okay, it'll all be okay. This isn't your fault." Will spoke softly, his arms rubbing Mike's back.

Mike continued to sob, his voice breaking slowly. Will heard him try and speak, but his words just came out muffled.

"What's wrong?" Will frowned, pulling away from the hug.

"She- She broke up with me because-" He cut himself off with a loud sob, not wanting to admit it.

"It's okay if you don't want to s-" Will smiled softly, but was cut off.

"I love you."

{Word Count: 1039}