A Pair Of Eyes (3)

"This is my best friend (aka the silent ace,)" Aiko whispers as if I'm not right next to her. Kenma looks back at me, and nods, indicating the hello, neither of us want to say. "Why'd you bring me here," I ask to Aiko, wanting to go home and curl in a ball with a blanket and my cat Mr. Squishy. "Why don't you show us what you can do, Silent ace." Kuroo grins, holding the ball out to me. I would look at Aiko, but it'd make matters worse. I let a long groan, and take the ball. 

When I'm in a game, nobody watches me, they watch the ball, or the other side to see where the ball will go, then follow it from there. And when the ball is in play, nobody notices me. I can feel when eyes are on me and it's always just Aiko, but now on this small court, all the eyes are on me, except ones, Kenma's. And I'm thankful they aren't.

I turn the ball for a good minute trying to find a spot. I hear Aiko whisper clear up the fact that I never take this long. Once I found a good spot, I through the ball, jump, and forget to swing. "Wait- t-that doesn't count!" I rush, embarrassed. Form the corner of my eye I can see Kenma chuckle, and I can hear Kuroo laugh without looking.

I repeat the steps and serve the ball. It lands on the other side, hard. I look around the gym and no one looks disappointed. "That was so cool!" All of a sudden a boy about an inch shorter than me is jumping. "It was like wooooshhh then BAMM!" He expresses, I stare at him for a minute. "I didn't even hear it when you smacks the ball, no wonder you're the silent ac-" "I'm not an ace." I grunt. "That was pretty good," Kuroo catches my attention. "But can you play against me?" He grins. "Huh..?" I ask nervously. "We can do a three on three, you pick two guys, and I'll pick two guys." He smirks. My stomach does a nervous twist and I'm ready to back out. "Oh yeah, she's gonna do it." Aiko says first.

I grunt and glare back and the smiling girl. "You choose first," Kuroo announces from behind me. I panic and look around the gym. "Uhhh Kenma?" I say the only other name I know. "Dang it." Kuroo mumbles.

Kenma peaked his head up, confused. "What're we doing?" He ask. "A three on three." Kuroo clarifies. "You're on her team." He points to me. Kenma sighs, put his switch down and walks to me.

"I'll choose hmm," Kuroo thinks hard about who to pick, and I think hard about how to get out of here. "I'll pick Yamato." Kuroo says, and the boy who was hyperventilating earlier walks up to Kuroo nervously. "You pick." Kuroo says blankly. I look at the no named guys, when the boy from earlier runs up to me. "Let me be in your team!" He shouts. I nod, not knowing who else to pick.

"I'll choose Fukunaga then I gusse." Kuroo selects his last person. A boy with short black-ish brown hair runs up to Kuroo. I look at my team, then Kuroos. I wonder if this is even a fair team, I sigh. Aiko is already standing by a score board, yelling "begin." 

Kuroo pass me the ball to start. I get ready to serve, then after the ball is over, the three boys waist no time to end my confidence right then and there. The boy with short black-ish brown hair sets it to the hyperventilating guy who spikes is REALLY hard, but the boy who volunteered to be on my team saves it, I assume he's this teams libero.

The ball gets to Kenma, and he glances at me, and now I know where to go. I run to the right, then quickly to the left, so now I'm face to face with Kuroo. I'm determined not to loose this.

I put my full focus into this jump, then Kenma sets the ball and I spike it, but the black-ish brown hair boy revives it. Free ball, so the ball come to our side, me Kenma and the libero repeat Somalis steps, and the ball lands on the line, giving us a point.

Kuroo smirk at me from the other side of the net, "good job, silent ace." He grins. I roll my eye and walk away to my group to form a winning plan.

///

After a while of going back and forth my team won, 2-1, first round 25-20, second round 16-25, and last round 25-23.

I pant after our last point. "Good job Y/n!" Aiko laughs at from behind the scoreboard. "I'm going home." I say waking to the door, where I had dropped my backpack. "Hey what! Wait!" Aiko yells. I turn around, "don't you have to help clean up?" I ask. Aiko smiles kindly at Kuroo. "Would you mind cleaning up-" "yeah go ahead with your friend." He smirked to Aiko. She smiles and hugs him quickly, running to get her bags, and up to me. While we walk out, I feel a pair of eyes on my back, and I think it's Aiko till we walk out the door and realize she's next to me.