An Empty; Boy, Lot, And Girl (4)

I held his hands, while rain fell from both of our cold faces. Our bodies began to chill with frost. Were we dying? Or just starting? It's something we'd have to find out in the future.

We stared in silence while rain slapped the concert. We were in a vacant lot. It's just something I knew, I couldn't see my surroundings, only a hood loosely holding a black void. Who was this boy? It was the only thing I didn't know.

I knew we were holding hands in a rainy lonely lot, we are both starting or ending something, we both can't speak, the person in front of me is a boy, the eyes I'm seeing through are mine, this boy... has a black void where his face should be, and something replaced both of our hearts.

I blink and breath, so does this boy. I open my mouth to speak-

"AHHHHH AIKO WHAT THE FUCK DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT." I sit up and my heart races. I'm in my bed, the boy is gone and I already know Aiko is sitting next to me.

"Why'd you just think it was me?" She asks hurt. I glance at her and don't reply, I just focus on slowing my breathing. I flip to sit on the edge of my bed. I can feel my hair is a mess, Aiko can see it but doesn't laugh, she's used to it. Just as I'm used to her perfect long LONG cat black hair that falls just below her butt, her big circle mossy green eyes, and twenty seven freckles that unevenly cover her face -we counted how many she had in second grade- her circle nose, and her short -5'3.2- and fragile physique.

She's used to my messy morning hair, e/s and e/c (eye shape and color) eyes, my h/T and h/c (hair type/texture and color) hair, my nose that bleeds too much, and my lengthy 5'6.5 body. I'm not jealous of her of course, just sometimes I wonder what'd it be like...

"Heyyy earth to Y/nnn!!! It's Friday but we still have school!" Aiko says on her phone. She's popular, really popular, so she has to keep up with whatever the latest drama is on him or the last hook up she got with. Who is he and she? I don't even know.

I sigh and stand up, peering down at Aiko for a couple seconds. I walk to the bathroom and look at my folded uniform on the sink counter top. I groan, it's so much work to get ready. I check the time on the clock above my door, the clock is f/c (favorite color) and black/white. I have enough time to shower, and do my make up.

I turn on the water then undress. When I step in, the water is cold and it brings me back to the boy, the no-faced black void faced boy. Who is he?

The warm water begins in with the cold, and the dream starts to fade. I barely remember where we were standing, or if we talked. I sigh running my hands through my hair, I'll figure it out, probably, and if not, who cares?

///

I stare at my makeup products aligned on the counter. I do it almost everyday, depends how I feel, but sometimes I forget what come first. I could call for Aiko who is sitting on my bed, but she's talking to Cassie. A transfer from the US or something.

I finish my makeup with a clear layer of lipgloss over my deeply red pinkish lipstick. I think it stick out too much, Aiko says, "I look so damn sexy," with it, so I use the clear coat to help bring the color down.

I step out of the bathroom, and Aiko sits up quickly. "You're really pushing the time here buddy," she grins jokingly and I check my phone for the time. "Yeah we should get going." I shrug plainly.

Me and Aiko leave my house, and I wonder if I should question how she got in or not, then I remember she begged me for a spare key one time, and for some reason I obliged.

"Kenji was telling me about Aya and how she slept with Kiita." Aiko brings me back to reality with her morning daily-drama-check. "Why does it matter?" I ask annoyed. She knows I hate drama and what not, but she also knows I'll just listen to the shit no one else will hear, and if I do react everyone will hear by second period. "Y/n..." Aiko started slowly, "their cousins."

I completely loose awareness and trip of my feet. "What?!" I ask, and Aiko starts laughing.

///

We get to the front of the school and I feel like I'm forgetting something. I look around, every girl and boy look all too similar, wearing uniforms and same hairdo's. But I don't mind, it give me some comfort knowing I can blend it, even if I do stick out.

While glancing around I see a couple girls in sports uniforms, volleyball. "AIKO I HAD MORNING PRACTICE," I yell, Aiko laughs at me again, while people walk by and greet her, but she's to busy laughing at me to say hi or good morning back, but she does stop when she hears a voice that catches her ear. "Morning~" the voice leads, and a hand lightly runs through her silky hair.

She snaps her head back. "Good morning Kuroo." She smiles. Kuroo sees me and smiles too, "Morning Miss Silent Ace." He grins. I meet his eyes and get nervous. I just nod turning away. "Kuroo, I said stopp running away it's too early." I hear another voice, when I look up I see Kenma. He's panting. "Gotta keep ya in shape for volleyball." Kuroo laughs, so does Aiko.

"N-not funny," Kenma makes out still panting. "Well I have to get to calss see you later Y/n!" Aiko says, walking away with Kuroo, they're both third years. Me and Kenma are both standing here awkwardly breathing hard.

He's breathing heavily because he just ran, and I'm breathing heavily because I know I'll never hear the end of missing todays morning practice from my coach, or probably Aiko.

"You did good yesterday." Kenma says awkwardly, then I see the regret in his face. "Yeah, you're a pretty good setter." I say, and also instantly regret it, what do I do now? I can't remember the last time I had a conversation with someone that wasn't with Aiko or forced upon me by a teacher. In both situations the other person leads the conversation all I have to do is nod or make a face. "I'm gonna go to class" Kenma says, I think. He decides to stop talking about half way through, but kept talking, so it more sounded like, 'I'm gonna gm tomm clmasmm.' I nod agreeing.

We both start heading to class, but we're both walking the same way, shit.